Healthy Orange Julius
I have a thing for smoothies. Me and smoothies go together like, Laverne & Shirley. I think I’m dating myself here, anyone remember Laverne & Shirley? I love making smoothies with fresh berries in the summer, fresh apples in the fall, and this time of year? Citrus. This Healthy Orange Julius will knock your socks off! Get you dancing!
A long long time ago, way back before I was married or had kids, I was a hairdresser. And I had this one client that always brought me an Orange Julius. If you’ve never had one or you don’t know what I’m talking about, just make this smoothie and you’ll be caught up. I never really frequented the place where you can buy them. As a matter of fact, this client was the one that introduced me to them. And she was a faithful client. She was in every four weeks for a cut and color. So every four weeks, I got to enjoy an Orange Julius with her. She was a sweetie.
One of the things that I love about Smoothies is it doesn’t take much to be fantastic. Just a few simple ingredients and Ta-da! You have scrumptiousness.
So for my Healthy Orange Julius, you’ll need oranges, orange zest, a banana, vanilla greek yogurt and some almonds. You’ve got it all here folks, protein, vitamin C blah blah blah.
Toss it all in the blender and you’re good to go!
- If you like a thinner smoothie, add some milk.
- Dairy Free? Use a soy yogurt, or other substitute
- I always add ice, about 5 or 6 cubes, to keep it nice and cold. The blender motor can warm it a bit.
- If you’re using frozen bananas (or other fruit), there’s no need for the ice.
- 3/4 cup Vanilla Greek Yogurt
- Zest from 1 orange
- 2 oranges, peeled and separated
- 1 banana, in large pieces
- 2 Tbs whole almonds
- 5-6 ice cubes
- Place all ingredients in the blender.
- Blend on high until smooth.
Looking for more healthy recipes?