This post was sponsored by No Yolks as part of an Influencer Activation for Influence Central and all opinions expressed in my post are my own. #NoYolks #NoOtherNoodle #IC
Ya’ll know I’m a HUGE fan of easy weeknight meals that make everybody happy. As busy moms, we don’t have time to spend forever in the kitchen creating new masterpieces! Or do we? By trying noodles in new and unexpected ways, you can create all sorts of amazing dishes that not only peak people’s interest (gotta keep the kiddos happy, right?) but also taste incredible – like these Noodle Stuffed Tomatoes!
I was really wanting to whip up something new, and the other day had a pot boiling water so I could cook up some No Yolks noodles (I love that they always cook up smooth, firm and fluffy, and stay that way after mixing them with your favorite recipes). After brainstorming how I wanted to fix these up to serve for a quick snack or light meal, I decided that including tomatoes would be perfect – but not in the normal diced way!
Instead of putting diced tomatoes mixed into the noodles, why not mix the noodles inside the tomatoes?! I had to give it a try – and it turned out super fresh and delicious, and the perfect size for a great party appetizer, afternoon snack or even a simple lunch!
- Tomatoes, washed
- No Yolks noodles
- Shredded Cheese of Choice
- Basil for topping, if desired
- Cook your No Yolks Noodles according to package directions.
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes (and little off bottoms if you want it to stand flat better) and scoop out the insides.
- Spoon some noodles into each empty tomato. Top with a good sprinkling of cheese.
- If desired, nuke in the microwave 5-10 seconds to melt the cheese. Sprinkle some basil on top, if desired.
- Serve and enjoy!
Seriously, you’ve gotta give this new twist on traditional noodles & tomatoes a try because it is da bomb!
Not only are No Yolks noodles the perfect addition for when you need a delicious meal in a hurry, but they’re also a smart choice because they’re a healthy egg noodle alternative, made from egg whites so there’s no cholesterol. Plus they’re low in fat and sodium, so I feel much better about feeding them to my family! You can nab them in Broad, Extra Broad, fine, Kluski, Dumplings and even Stir-Fry.
There’s so many creative ways to incorporate noodles into your busy weeknight meals because they’re incredibly versatile. No Yolks is for way more than just stroganoff or casseroles! Give them a try in soups like Miso and French Onion, or in dishes like Sriracha Cheesy Noodles or Noodles with Kale and Walnut Pesto. So many options for new and unexpected dishes! Take these tasty & fun Pizza Noodle Cups for example – A unique take on a definite family-pleasing dish.
Find more great noodle recipe videos HERE!
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #KingOfFlavor #FieldToBottle #CollectiveBias
Guys, it’s FINALLY cooling down here in Texas and I’m thrilled because that means we can go outside more – without melting, at least. This means more picnics, barbecues, and get-togethers….and all of those mean tasty food! One great dish to whip up for a fun gathering outside is this delicious Habanero Cheesy Bread – super easy to make, and full of incredible flavor, it’s sure to be a huge hit for any occasion!
If you’re a big fan of regular cheesy bread like I am, you’re going to be thrilled to give this recipe a try because the El Yucateco® sauce enhances the flavor, making it a definite winner in the tasty food category. For this batch, I used their El Yucateco® Green Chile Habanero sauce because I love the green chile flavor mixed with the cheesiness of the bread. Pure deliciousness!
Plus – you could win awesome prizes that’ll help you discover new places!
#KingofFlavorSweepstakes (9/28 to 10/27)
El Yucateco®’s ingredients come from Field to Bottle. It includes no artificial colors, but the same great taste that makes it the King of Flavor since 1968. I grabbed a few from Target – so be sure to stock up next time you’re there running errands. This cheesy bread recipe would be great to try the different flavors with, so don’t be scared to mix it up a bit to see how each kind accents the flavoring in a unique way.
The different flavors they have are:
- El Yucateco® Green Chile Habanero
- El Yucateco® Red Chile Habanero
- El Yucateco® XXX Hot Kutbil-ik
- El Yucateco® Caribbean Habanero
- El Yucateco® Black Label Reserve
- El Yucateco® Chipotle
- El Yucateco® Jalapeno
Maybe I’m dorky, but I love the bottles they come in – they’re so convenient, and you can easily throw it in your purse for on-the-go to your next outing!
Note: makes 1 bread loaf
- 3 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp. Baking Powder
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 8 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 2 tbsp. El Yucateco® Green Chile Habanero
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- For cheese topping: 1-2 cups Shredded Cheese, 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Spray or line a bread pan, set aside.
- Combine the first 8 ingredients (flour, baking powder, sugar, salt, cream cheese, milk, vegetable oil & El Yucateco® sauce) and mix until well-combined and a dough forms. If too sticky, add a little more flour until it’s a nice, doughy consistency.
- Scrape dough into bread pan and bake about 40-50 minutes, or until cooked through. Remove and CAREFULLY (will be very hot) cut a checkered pattern on the top.
- Mix the cheese and butter (you can add a little El Yucateco® sauce if desired), then stuff all over the top of the bread and into the cut parts. Cover with foil and bake about 15 more minutes, or until cheese is melted.
- Allow to cool, then enjoy on your next adventure!
I’m eager to try this with other flavors to see how the taste changes, and to find out which is my favorite!
Check out all that cheesy goodness!
Another perk to this cheesy bread recipe is that you don’t need to let it rise forever (or at all) like some breads – I’m all for quick and easy baking 🙂
Be sure to grab some El Yucateco® sauce the next time you’re at Target so you can whip up this amazing Habanero Cheesy Bread for your next outdoor party or gathering.
What flavor El Yucateco® sauce would YOU use in this recipe?
Whether you’re celebrating the start of a new school year, have a big family gathering, or a big sports party, you’ll be well-prepared with this delicious, Party Ready Black Bean Dip. Easy to whip up, it’ll be sure to please the crowd for any get together you have coming up. Or even just enjoy it as a snack for a lazy movie-filled afternoon – it’s totally up to you!
Note: makes about 2 cups of dip
- 2 (15 oz.) cans Black Beans, rinsed & drained
- 1 medium Red Onion, roughly chopped
- 4 -6 cloves Garlic, peeled & minced
- 2 Jalapeños, seeded & chopped
- 1 tbsp. of Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp. fresh Lime Juice (1 whole lime approximately + more if desired)
- ¼ cup Water (approximate)
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped Cilantro, plus more for garnish (optional)
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat in a small saucepan.
- Add the onions, garlic and jalapeños and cook, stirring occasionally, until soft – about ten minutes. Don’t let it brown.
- Meanwhile: open, drain and thoroughly rinse the black beans.
- Transfer the cooked onion mixture to a blender or food processor. Add the black beans, salt, lime juice, water and cilantro. Blend until smooth, stopping and scraping the sides as you go.
- If the dip is too thick, add more water or lime juice, a little at a time to thin it out a bit.
- Taste and adjust seasoning, then transfer to a serving bowl. Serve warm, cold or room temperature with tortilla chips.
- Most of the heat from the jalapeños is in the seeds and ribs, so leave those out. If you like a spicier dip, reserve the seeds and add them little by little when you’re blending the dip.
- Ground Cumin is a staple in most bean based dips. If you want, add about ¼ to ½ teaspoon of ground cumin while blending. Cumin is a strong spice, so a little goes a long way.
Which chips would you enjoy with this bean dip?
I don’t know about you, but I get really snackish during the day. Since I’m trying hard to make healthier decisions, I thought it would be a good idea to get a bunch of healthy options together so it’s a quick grab when I get in the mood for a snack. Since chips are such a great afternoon treat, here’s 21 Healthy Homemade Chip Recipes to help when that craving hits!
There’s so many delicious homemade chip recipes to choose from, it may be hard to pick! Maybe you’d prefer the apple chips, or perhaps kale? Or maybe the peanut butter banana chips or garlic basil Parmesan are more your taste? Whatever you choose, these healthier chip recipes are just the ticket for those afternoon snack sessions!
Paleo Butternut Squash Chips from My Paleos
Homemade Potato Chips from Cincy Shopper
Homemade Apple Chips from Living Sweet Moments
Zucchini Chips with Truffle Salt from Wholesome Yum
Microwave Sea Salt Potato Chips from Inspiring Savings
Kale Chips from Ann’s Entitled Life
Peanut Butter Banana Chips from Premeditated Leftovers
Baked Corn Tortilla Chips from Rachel Cooks
Cinnamon Sugar Tortilla Chips from Eze Breezy
Garlic Basil Parmesan Crisps from Bless Her Heart Y’All
Cinnamon Pear Chips from Kleinworth & Co.
Best Homemade No-fry Potato Chips from Dogs Don’t Eat Pizza
Salt & Vinegar Potato Chips from Bitz & Giggles
Salted Cinnamon Sugar Chips from Kleinworth & Co.
Pasta Chips from Julie Blanner
Simple Apple Chips Recipe from Schooling a Monkey
Easy Veggie Chips from My Merry Messy Life
Spicy “Cheesy” Kale Chips from 3 Boys and a Dog
Shaped Nacho Chips from 4 the Love of Family
Pita Chips from The Foodie and The Fix
Which Homemade Chip Recipe is YOUR Favorite?
You’ll love how easy this strawberry soup is to make, and it’s so tasty you’ll have trouble deciding between having it as an appetizer, snack or even dessert! And yes, I do occasionally have it for breakfast, as well 🙂 Originally shared April 2013, updated February 2017.
- 2 cups Strawberries, frozen
- 3 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 2/3 cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- Fresh mint – for flavoring and garnish
- 1/4 (ish) cup Fresh Strawberries, chopped – for garnish
- In a blender, puree the strawberries, milk, heavy cream and sour cream until smooth. Stir in the sugar.
- Refrigerate overnight (or about 8 hours). Add mint as a garnish (also adds a great flavor), and also some chopped fresh strawberries, if desired.
On the cruise, they first gave you a bowl that looked like this……
……and then poured the creamy soup over top. Great presentation!
Note: also try it with PEACH instead to change it up a bit!
The fruit soups were so delicious on the cruise, I often got them for dessert as well!!!
This post is sponsored by Single Edition Media on behalf of PopChips. As always, we only share products we truly enjoy and use, and will give our 100% honest opinions. #PopChipsBigGame
Anyone who knows me well knows that I’m not that into sports. Sure, they’re fun to play sometimes, but I’m not big into sitting in front of the TV watching them. But for the big game, I’m on-board. Want to know why? The FOOD! There’s so many delicious foods to enjoy snacking on, like this Healthy Snacking Cheese Roll, which is super easy to make – and even works as a kid-friendly recipe!
While laughing at commercial breaks or chatting about the scores, you can be spreading this tasty cheese log on some crackers, veggies, or even enjoy more PopChips Ridges with it like a dip! I love that the recipe relies on your choice flavor of PopChips to add the special crunch to it, taking it from ‘good’ to ‘fantastic’. And since we all love saving money on all our munchies for the big game, enjoy 20% off your order of PopChips online using Offer Code: BIGGAME20
- 1-2 cups PopChips Ridges (we used Chili Cheese)
- 16 oz. Cream Cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1 tbsp. Mayo
- 1/2 tsp. Dried Onion (minced, diced, flakes or powder)
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Dried Chives
- 1 tsp. Parsley
- Use beaters to whip the cream cheese, lemon juice and mayo until creamy. Add in the remaining ingredients until well-combined.
- Spread onto parchment paper and wrap into a log shape. Refrigerate 1 hour.
- Choose your flavor of PopChips Ridges, then crush. Unwrap the cheese log, and roll in the crushed pieces until well-coated. Refrigerate 1-2 more hours or until firm.
See, super easy to make – and you can have it all ready to go even before the big game begins, so you won’t miss a thing! One thing I love about this cheese roll recipe is that it’s a healthy snacking option – the PopChips Ridges are gluten free, have 0 grams of trans fat, and they’re popped instead of fried or baked! This means half the fat of fried chips – and they don’t add any artificial flavors and no preservatives.
The PopChips Ridges line is perfect for the cheese roll, because they’re super crunchy, and the flavor is perfectly kept in those ridges. Not only are they a healthy option, but they taste great and come in plenty of tasty flavors to choose from!
- Cheddar & Sour Cream: I’m a big fan of potatoes with cheese & sour cream, so this is like the perfect combination of flavors in extra crispy form.
- Perfectly Salted: These have just the right amount of flavor to make your taste buds happy, and you may not help but wanting more.
- Tangy Barbeque: There’s just a hint of spice mixed in with this sweet smoky chip that tastes like it’s right off the grill, even though they’re popped! Plus they’re way less messy on your fingers 🙂
- Chili Cheese: This was the winner that I picked to use for our recipe, and why wouldn’t I choose this authentic taste of spicy chili and sharp cheddar that’s got the perfect mix of savory and spice?
I’d love to try the other flavors of Sea Salt & Vinegar, Sour Cream & Onion, Sea Salt, Crazy Hot Potato, Salt & Pepper and even Sweet Potato (hubby is most eager for this one).
Which PopChips Ridges flavor are you most eager to try?
This post is sponsored by DOLE® Frozen Fruit, but all opinions and this awesomely simple recipe are mine alone. #DisasterAverted #DoleFrozenFruit
Please tell me I’m not the only one who always seems to forget when I sign up to bring a side dish to a picnic or party? As much as I try to remind myself, mark it on the calendar and sometimes even resort to sticky notes, I often end up rushing at the last minute for SOMETHING to take that won’t be a big flop. Luckily I can whip up this Sweet Lime Fruit Salad in a Hurry – and it’s a huge crowd-pleaser, so it’s a win for everyone!
If you’ve ever shown up to a gathering where people expected you to bring something, yet you go empty-handed, you know the looks you get. Not that they’re ‘mad’ exactly, but you can’t help but feel awkward – or is that just me? Anywho, I hate it, so refuse to show up without a delicious recipe to share with the crowd – and luckily I’ve learned to keep DOLE® Frozen Fruit on-hand for times such as these so I can fix up a great snack!
Yup, disaster averted with DOLE® Frozen Fruit – or at least embarrassing stares averted! But really, our freezer has a shelf full of their many varieties of frozen fruit, such as the Mango Chunks, Pineapple Chunks, Whole Strawberries, or their Wildly Nutritious varieties like the Strawberries and Blueberries Mix, Tropical Fruit, or Mixed Fruit.
I’ve used them not just for this fruit salad before, but when other circumstances when my lack of planning ahead left us in need – like after making a ton of crepes, but my kiddos were begging for fruit to top them with. Or when I needed a healthy side to stick in their lunches – it’s great how easy it is to just open a bag, put it in a container, and send them off with all natural fruit with no added sugar. Plus the bags are resealable, making it really simple to open-close-reopen as needed.
When I mentioned sending it in my kids’ lunches – we actually do that most days now because it’s not only a healthier choice and they love the taste, but it’s FAST! Morning’s are hectic enough without washing, cutting and making more mess to clean from preparing fruit. The DOLE® Frozen Fruit is seriously just open, scoop/pour, close the container, close the bag, pop it back in the freezer. I wish more of our before-school morning routine was this easy!
DOLE® Frozen Fruit is the perfect ingredient that can help you prepare for any occasion, even when the unexpected happens – plus it’s great for a variety of recipes like drinks, appetizers, entrees, snacks and desserts. Yup, you can be ready for just about anything with the versatile DOLE® Frozen Fruit in your freezer!
- 3 lbs. DOLE® Frozen Fruit – choose the variety/combination you prefer
- 2 tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1/4 cup Honey
- Dash or two of Basil, if desired
- Combine the fruit, lime juice and Basil (if desired) until well-combined. Stir in the honey.
- Allow to set and soak in the lime and honey for just a bit before serving!
Note: If you don’t want it entirely frozen when it’s served, just allow it to thaw in the bowl for 30-45 minutes. It’ll be nice and refreshingly cold!
Click HERE for more delicious & unique recipe ideas!
Does anyone else get a bit giddy when they see strawberries for a good price at the grocery store? I LOVE it, and so does my family – they’re one of our absolute favorite fruits! I grabbed several packs of the juicy berries so we could try a few new recipes with them, like this delicious and creamy Strawberry Honey Butter recipe! While I probably shouldn’t, it’s so good I could eat it straight out of the bowl. Don’t worry, I haven’t. At least not yet!
Another thing on sale were bags of frozen rolls, so we grabbed some of those. We usually just enjoy honey or this blackberry cream cheese spread on them, but I decided to give honey butter a try, with a flavorful twist. I was thrilled that it turned out so good, and even the kids were licking their fingers.
Another bonus? It only takes a handful of ingredients, most of which you probably already have on-hand. Score!
- 3 Sticks Butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 cup Strawberries, diced really small
- 1/4 cup Honey
- 1-2 tsp. Cinnamon (optional)
- Measure all of your ingredients into a stand mixer (or mixing bowl using beaters, if you must) and use the whisk attachment to whisk all of the ingredients well. Every so often turn it off, scrape the sides of the bowl, then let it run again.
- Whisk for about 4-5 minutes, or until it goes from clumpy, to smoother, to creamy.
- Store in an air-tight container in the fridge. For easier spreading, get it out about 20-30 minutes before serving to soften.
Don’t panic if it takes several minutes to not be clumpy – I started to worry when it was just a glump of a mess in the mixer at first. After a few minutes, though, it got more smooth and ended up being perfectly creamy and spreadable.
The small strawberry bits will mostly just blend in to the butter mixture, but a few dots will still show up – making this not only a delicious honey butter recipe, but also pretty!
Check out all the strawberry buttery goodness melting on the soft, hot rolls! Yes, I snuck one while doing pictures – okay, maybe two – but it was so yummy I couldn’t resist! At least I didn’t just lick out the bowl, right?
More Strawberry Recipes
This post is sponsored by The Women Bloggers, LLC. All opinions are 100% mine alone. #CocinaLatinaBeans
Do you get sick of making a delicious recipe, only to have a member or two in the family refuse to eat it? Drives me nuts! That isn’t a problem with this yummy Hot Dog Twists with Beans – the whole family loves them, especially with Bush’s Cocina Latina Beans. Oh, and we have a special giveaway for you – so read on!
Don’t be fooled – just because this meal is SUPER easy to make, doesn’t mean it isn’t fabulously tasty and filling. Just grab the THREE ingredients during your next trip to Walmart, and you’re good to go! I was thrilled that Bush’s Cocina Latina beans came in so many flavors, with some a bit more spicy than others. And for you bacon-lovers: they have a touch of bacon, adding to the great flavor!
- 1 Package Hot Dogs
- Refrigerated Crescent Rolls (same count as the hot dogs)
- Your choice Bush’s Cocina Latina Beans – 7 tasty varieties!
- Preheat oven according to crescent roll package directions. Spray or line a baking sheet, set aside.
- Wrap one crescent roll (not cooked, still just dough) around each hot dog, twisting it upwards. Place on the prepared baking sheet, then bake according to the crescent roll package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat your choice of Bush’s Cocina Latina Beans as directed on the can. Note: we used the Frijoles a la Mexicana flavor in the photos.
- When the hot dog twists are done, dish them onto serving plates and top with a generous scoop of the beans. Enjoy!
Seriously, I LOVE how easy this was to make, and how happy everyone was with it! That’s a big WOOT WOOT for dinner, another mommy win! We can’t wait to try the other Bush’s varieties, too. There’s even some Cocina Latina inspired refried beans options – those will be AMAZING in some upcoming recipes!
Ready for a Giveaway?
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Feeling bored with the same old-same old snacks? Try this refreshing sugar free fruit salsa! You won’t be disappointed!
I don’t know about you, but I try to limit my kids sugar in-take. But often times, they want something sweet. Oh, who am I kidding? I do too! The sugar makes the kids a little crazy sometimes, and it makes my pants too tight. So this is a perfect sweet treat with no sugar. Fruit, it’s good for you! The kids won’t even know ya left the sugar out. 🙂 Try this sugar free fruit salsa for your next afternoon or after school snack.
Sugar Free Fruit Salsa with Cinnamon Chips
This comes together in just three easy steps.
1. Bake the cinnamon chips.
Take flour tortillas and brush them with melted butter and sprinkle them with a little cinnamon.
Bake them at 350 for about 12 minutes until they are golden and crisp.
2. Slice & Dice
Next you’ll chop up the fruit, and put some lemon juice on it. I like the brightness the lemon adds. I used strawberries, kiwi, oranges, mango, blackberries and blueberries. Fruit salsa is really versatile, so use whatever fruit you like. Personally, I think this is fantastic combination. The citrus adds a little something extra. Yum!
That fruit looks so juicy and delicious! I just want to lick the screen! Okay, bad idea.
Lastly, just put it all together and serve it up. I like to garnish it with some chopped fresh mint leaves. It’s pretty and it tastes fabulous.
This isn’t going to last long friends.
Most fruit salsas do contain sugar. It definitely sweetens it up a bit, but personally, I think this fruit is sweet enough just how it it. If we put sugar in our fruit all the time, we’ll start to not like it without. So do something good for your body! 🙂
You’ll also notice that there is no sugar in the Cinnamon tortilla chips. Again, you can do a blend of cinnamon and sugar, but that blend is usually made with two parts sugar and one part cinnamon (that’s a lot of sugar!) so again, in efforts to scale back on the sugar, I left it out. I think the butter and cinnamon is delicious, and the naturally sweet fruit blends it all perfectly. Have I convinced you to try this yet?
- 4 flour tortillas
- 2 Tbs butter, melted
- ground cinnamon
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and diced
- 1 orange, peeled and diced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 1 6 oz container black berries, quartered
- 1 6 oz container blueberries
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- fresh mint leaves for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- Brush both sides of the tortillas with the melted butter.
- Sprinkle both sides of the tortillas with ground cinnamon.
- Using a pizza cutter, slice the tortillas into eighths.
- Place the 'chips' on a baking sheet and bake for 12 minutes, or until golden and crisp.
- Peel, slice and dice all of the fruit and place in a bowl.
- Add the juice of half of a lemon and stir to combine.
- Garnish with torn fresh mint leaves (optional)
Looking for more fun low-sugar snacks?
I love adding an extra dose of ‘spice’ during the holidays! No, not the HOT kind of spice, the cinnamony type that you can’t help but think of Thanksgiving, Christmas or any of those special times of year. This delish Holiday Spice Fruit Salad is just that, and makes the perfect side to any holiday meal!
I not only love the mix of flavors in this dish, such as the tangy apples and sweet grapes mixed with a creamy drizzle of sauce, but also that it’s SUPER simple to make, especially if you incorporate your family to help chop the fruits and mix the dressing!
- 1 medium Pear, diced
- 1 cup Red Grapes, cut in half
- 2 medium Apples, diced
- 4 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Yogurt (vanilla is great, but feel free to switch it up)
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1/3 cup Pecans or Walnuts, chopped
- Toss the fruit and nuts in a large bowl gently. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour over the fruit and again toss gently to coat evenly. Best if served immediately!
We had this back at Thanksgiving, and it was a hit – especially for the kids who LOVE fruit! They even said ‘can I have that one fruit dessert’? Haha – if I can convince them it’s a dessert, then that’s a win to me!