This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Our holidays are going to be extra special this year, because we get to share them with our sweet foreign exchange student from Thailand! One of the hardest things for her to adjust to here in America has been the food, so we wanted to make sure there was plenty she’d like during our festivities (because we LOVE good food, especially this time of year!). As such, we decided to have an Asian Inspired Holiday Party mixed in with our normal traditions!
To make sure she’s able to have something at each meal she enjoys, we’ve been having a LOT of rice with our meals. I really wanted to do something different for our Asian themed holiday party, but it had to be something easy and fast, without compromising quality and flavor. I swung by Walmart and hit up their frozen section, and was so excited to find plenty of Tai Pei foods that would be PERFECT for our party! Our favs were their Tai Pei Egg Rolls and Spring Rolls.
Cat Woman (our exchange student; she wanted a superhero name like the rest of the kiddos) really enjoyed being able to have foods she was use to, with the flavors from home. These were delicious, with crispy wafers and fresh cut veggies, plus the sauce was amazing! We made sure to stock up especially on the Pork Egg Rolls and the Mini Vegetable Spring Rolls, since they were the favorite flavors of our family.
For our party, we were able to quickly heat up some of the Tai Pei Rolls and the tasty sauce that’s included, then serve them up next to some of our other dishes such as spicy crumbled pork (recipe coming to the blog soon), an omelette with a Thai sardine sauce, and delish fried rice. We talked a lot about her home country, and the different traditions we all have! She’s never celebrated Thanksgiving (obviously) or Christmas, so we’re glad we get to share our celebrations with her!
To Throw an Awesome Asian Inspired Holiday Party
- Get some delicious Asian foods, such as Tai Pei Egg Rolls and Spring Rolls, noodles and, of course, rice!
- If you’d like, include chop stocks and practice eating with them! Have a contest to see who does the best, or makes the least amount of mess. In case you’re curious, I totally lose on this one.
- Take turns going around and telling about your favorite traditions, then see how they compare to traditions from Asian countries such as Thailand or Japan.
- If you want to really get festive, you can find all sorts of neat party decorations right there at Walmart while you’re grabbing your food!
- If you’re having more guests, have printable recipe cards! Then you can share any new dishes they fall in love with for them to try making themselves at home.
Want to see some of the other super-easy and totally delish foods that Tai Pei offers, or get other fabulous ideas for Asian themed parties? Go check out their website, or any of their social media channels!