Who else here is a huge fan of dips? I love grabbing a bag of chips and some delicious dip for snacks, or even when I’m too hurried for lunch some days! There’s so many good recipes out there, but one of my favorite dips is this creamy Salsa Verde!
I originally shared my Creamy Salsa Verde back in 2013, and although I’m still a big fan of that particular recipe, I’ve made some changes so it’s now near perfection! We were craving this so bad the other week that we whipped up a batch, all excited…and realized we had NO CHIPS. Ugh! So Hubby drove to the store right then, even though it was like 9pm, and grabbed a couple bags. when you want a dip fix, you WANT a dip fix!
- 3 Tomatillos (remove husks and rinse off the sticky stuff)
- 1 Ripe Avocado
- 3 tsp. Garlic, minced
- 1/4 White Onion, diced
- 3 tbsp. Lime Juice
- 3 tbsp. Cilantro
- 2-3 tbsp. Honey or Agave
- 1/4 cup Jalapeno flavored Tabasco Sauce (more or less, based on preference)
- Pinch of Salt
- Cut your tomatillos into fourths and add them, your garlic, onion, lime juice, cilantro and honey into a blender and blend well.
- Remove the pit from your avocado and scoop the good stuff into the blender. Add your Jalapeno Tabasco, adding more for a ‘hotter’ flavor and less for more ‘mild’. It’s easy to add more if you decide it’s too bland, so just add a bit to start then add a bit at a time until you reach your desired taste!
- Blend until desired consistency and enjoy!
What are YOUR favorite types of dip to go with your chip of choice?