This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone #FreschettaFresh #CollectiveBias
Can I just vent for a minute guys? The past month has been INSANELY busy – more so than the normal holiday-type of busy. Between the regular holiday stuff with parties, school projects, work and pending Christmas break, we’ve also gotten further in our adoption process and hopefully in the next few weeks will be adding 3 kiddos to our family, becoming a family of NINE! Yup, busy. Luckily, we have some tasty Freschetta pizza stocked up in the freezer that we can easily put in the oven, then whip up these Sweet ‘N Spicy Breasticks for a delicious – and easy – dinner!
Since our family has varying tastes, we make sure to have a variety of the yummy flavors offered, like Freschetta Naturally Rising Canadian Bacon and Pineapple or the Freschetta Naturally Rising Pepperoni Pizza. We also always have some Freschetta Naturally Rising 4-Cheese Pizza on-hand for those who like their toppings simple-yet-tasty. Don’t forget to use this awesome Savings Offer HERE and stock up the next time you’re at Walmart to make those extra busy nights a bit easier!
I’ve always loved the undeniably better choice in frozen pizza for when you need a good dinner in a hurry. It’s freshness you can taste, and everyone in our family loves it – I’m certainly grateful for something quick that pleases our whole, big family. They rise naturally because of the perfect blend of 3 grains kneaded and rolled for the dough. And my fellow tomato-lovers will appreciate that the sauce is made using 4 vine-ripened tomatoes. All of that, mixed with 100% REAL provolone and mozzarella cheeses makes for one great meal!
Now you just need to add an amazing side to go along with it – like these delish Sweet ‘N Spicy Breadsticks!
- 1 tbsp. Chili Powder (more or less, depending on how spicy you want it – this is pretty middle)
- 1 tsp. Cumin
- 3 tbsp. Brown Sugar, packed
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Olive Oil – roughly 1/4 cup
- Cornmeal or baking spray for pan
- First make your breadstick dough (my dough recipe is here)
- Spread cornmeal on a baking sheet or pizza pan, or just spray it well. Once the dough is ready and risen, roll it out round (or square) to about the thickness of a regular pizza crust, maybe 3/4-1 inch. Place on prepared baking pan. Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F.
- Combine the ingredients together, adding more or less olive oil until it’s moist enough to be spreadable. Use a basting brush (or spatula, whatever you have) to spread it around almost to the edges.
- Bake for about 12-18 minutes, depending on how cooked you want it. I typically do 15 in my oven for cooked-yet-soft breadsticks. Cut and enjoy warm with your pizza!
You can always adjust the amount of chili powder you put in to increase or decrease the level of spiciness. I did the 1 tbsp, and it was just right for the kids – a little kick to it, but still mild and sweet enough that they were asking for seconds! And thirds, and…well, you get the idea.
I’m hoping to get a bit more on top of my schedule by the holiday break (which is fast approaching!) so I can more fully enjoy my family time, especially with everyone bonding when our new kids join in. I’m so glad dinner isn’t one of the things for me to stress about as I’m getting it all done!