This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ThankfullySweet #CollectiveBias
It’s November, and even though pie is delicious year round (and I definitely enjoy it all year!), my family especially loves during the holidays. We even have a fabulous tradition: Pie Night! The Wednesday night before Thanksgiving, we get together with everyone, and eat pie. Different kinds, different ways…it’s so fun, and a lot of great family memories are held in this tradition! Today I’m sharing two delicious ways to try pie in a new way….Sweet Potato Pie Parfait & Apple Berry Pie Ice Cream!
Seriously, you’ll love mixing up these new recipes and getting creative with your pies! Guests for your holiday parties will be so impressed that you move beyond the normal pie dessert and bring something totally different and delish!
To try your own tasty pie creations, head over to Walmart and hit up their frozen section. There’s plenty of fabulous Mrs. Smith’s Pies to choose from, so get creative! They’re right by the Kraft Cool Whip, too, so it’s super easy to grab what you need!
Looking to save some money in your holiday budget? Who isn’t, right? Grab this coupon to save $1.00 on Mrs. Smith’s Pies with purchase of Kraft Cool Whip. The coupon will be live from November 10th – December 10th.
Ingredients – Apple Berry Pie Ice Cream
- Mrs. Smith’s Apple Pie (or Dutch Apple Pie)
- Mrs. Smith’s Very Berry Pie
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- Kraft Cool Whip, for topping
Directions – Apple Berry Pie Ice Cream
- Bake the pies according to package directions and allow to cool.
- In a blender, pour all of the heavy cream. Slowly add scoops of both pies, blending in between. Don’t add too much at a time or it may be too much for your blender. Just add until it’s creamy….about 2-3 cups total between both pies. I like mine with more apple than berry, but that’s just a preference.
- Put into an airtight & freezer-safe container and freeze overnight. When ready to serve, allow it to thaw a little, then scoop into dishes, add a little Cool Whip on top, and ENJOY!
Ingredients – Sweet Potato Pie Parfait
- Mrs. Smith’s Sweet Potato Pie
- Graham Cracker Brownies – recipe here
- Kraft Cool Whip
Directions – Sweet Potato Pie Parfait
- Bake your pie according to the package directions and allow to cool for 2 hours as it says.
- In a fun glass or bowl, scoop a layer of the graham brownies, a thin layer of cool whip, then a nice layer of warm Sweet Potato Pie. Top it off with more creamy cool whip and ENJOY!
If you need more inspiration, check out the Cooking Up Good website. They have recipes, sweepstakes, loyalty programs, coupons and more! What’s not to love? If you’re looking for a new dinner idea or a chance to win some awesome prizes, be sure to check it out!