This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Klement’s Sausage. All opinions are 100% mine.
I love family get-togethers, and summer seems to have many more opportunities for these than normal. For us, it has to do with the fact that most of our family lives in a different state, so summer trips bring us together. While quality time with loved ones is great, it seems some of the most memorable moments are around a great meal. This summer is no exception with one of our new family favorites – these delicious and easy-to-make Marinated Sausage Kabobs! What better time to share this new, tasty recipe that our family is going crazy for than right in time for What’s Cooking Wednesday? I’m sure y’all have plenty of occasions this summer – or anytime of year, really – when a quality meal with those you care about is just the ticket. I love using Klement’s Sausage – their fully cooked and hardwood-smoked dinner sausages provide the rich, robust taste that makes this recipe a winning dinner. Their authentic European handcrafted sausage has been bringing people together for generations – I mean, what better time than during a great meal to help busy households slow down and (literally) savor the moment together?
When we first served these sausage kabobs to our kids, I was afraid they’d be picking out all the pineapple to eat first because I assumed that’d be their favorite ingredient. Nope – they were begging for just more of the Klement’s sausage pieces! They absolutely loved all three of the dinner sausages we tried – the Smoked Bratwurst, Polish and Cheddar Bratwurst. Hubby and I couldn’t pick my favorite of the three, either, because they each had their own take on that great, Old World flavor and authentic taste you appreciate in European recipes. Not only are these sausage kabobs a crowd-pleasing favorite in flavor, but they don’t take much time at all. Plus, it’s like a family event BUILDING the kabobs – each person selecting which ingredients they want, creating fun patterns if they like, and truly making it not just a meal, but a memorable gathering full of conversation and fun.
- Klement’s Dinner Links
- Produce of Choice: Colored Peppers, Onion, Mushrooms, Pineapple, Zucchini, Squash, etc.
- Marinade: Red Wine Vinegar, Olive Oil, Minced Garlic
- Kabob Sticks
- Dice all of the ingredients, including the sausage, into large pieces. Be sure you’ve pre-washed the produce.
- Build the kabobs as desired, lay on a tray.
- For the marinade, mix equal parts red wine vinegar and olive oil. Per cup of this, add about 1-2 tbsp. minced garlic. It doesn’t stay mixed, so you’ll need to stir often. Use a basting brush to baste each of the kabobs.
- Grill until vegetables are tender, or cook in the oven (350 Degrees F) on a baking sheet lined with foil about 10-20 minutes, or until veggies are tender.
Note: if you don’t have kabob sticks, or are in a bigger hurry, just dump all the diced ingredients into a sprayed baking dish, stir in the marinade, then bake at 350 Degrees F about 15-25 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Whether you’re having a weekly family dinner, a summertime gathering with relatives, or even just a random meal at home, these Klement’s sausage kabobs are full of flavor and perfect for spending a delicious meal with those you love.