It’s in the 90s outside right now, so even if I’m craving a delicious hot chocolate, it just wouldn’t be as enjoyable in this heat. Luckily, I can still have that delicious taste of chocolate and marshmallow with these amazing Hot Cocoa Cookies! They’re soft and full of chocolate-y flavor, plus the ‘mallows on top add just the right hint of balance to make it an edible version of a favorite drink.
My kiddos are in love with this hot cocoa cookies, too, and can’t wait for me to whip up another batch. I love that it’s a super EASY recipe, and easy to complete from start to finish in less than 30 minutes. YAY for simplicity!
Note: This recipe makes roughly 20-24 large cookies
- 1/2 cup Butter
- 12 oz. Chocolate Chips
- 1 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3 Large Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 3/4 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- Mini Marshmallows, or Large Marshmallows cut in half
- Melt the butter and chocolate chips in a saucepan over medium heat – set aside to cool a bit. Preheat oven to 325 Degrees F. Spray or line two baking sheets, set aside.
- Cream the brown sugar, eggs and vanilla until smooth. Add in the salt, cocoa powder, flour and baking powder. Pour in the slightly-cooled melted chocolate and mix until well-combined.
- Make the cookie balls, roughly 1″-1 1/2″ in size. Place on cookie sheet, leaving enough room between each cookie ball so they can spread a bit.
- Bake about 10 minutes, or until cookies start to ‘crack’. Remove, top each cookie with half a large marshmallow or 5-6 mini marshmallows. Place back in oven and cook another 3-4 minutes, or until marshmallows start to brown. Allow to cool a bit before serving.
I love that these cookies are soft and full of chocolate goodness, plus the gooey marshmallows on top complete this treat. You can whip them up for dessert or snack any time of year – even if it’s 90 degrees outside!