Sorry this is going to be uber short today, but I feel like a chicken…
Contains affiliate links that help support this blog at no extra cost to you. See our disclosure for more info.
One of my LEAST favorite parts of cherry season, though, is PITTING them – what a pain! Luckily we got this nifty cherry pitter which made it super easy. Honestly, I probably wouldn’t take the time by hand, so good thing we found it!
- 4 Chicken Breasts, boneless, skinless
- 1 cup Milk
- 2/3 cup All-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. Thyme
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups Cherries
- Â½ cup Brown sugar
- Â½ cup Granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp. Yellow mustard
- 1 cup Water
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Pour milk in to shallow dish. In a separate dish, mix flour, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Dip each chicken breast in the milk, then in flour mixture so itâ€™s coated evenly.Â Place chicken in non-stick 13×9 pan. Cover with aluminum foil, and bake for 30 minutes.
- While chicken bakes, mix cherries, brown sugar, water and granulated sugar in a small sauce pan.
- Bring mixture to a boil, then add mustard. Mix well.
- Cook for 5 minutes, or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- After chicken has baked for 30 minutes, remove from oven. Take off aluminum foil and spread hot cherry mixture over the chicken evenly.
- Bake, uncovered, 20 minutes or until cooked through.
Other Tasty Recipes…
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…