This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purhcase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
I know it can be super frustrating finding easy-yet-thoughtful friend and neighbor gifts. The Christmas season is busy enough without spending a lot of time, plus you don’t want to break the bank either. This DIY Holiday Cookie Basket is just perfect – and it’s a gift box made from paper plates!
The best part of this gift basket idea, other than how simple to make, is that it’s totally customizable! You can pick the size, colors, even adjust the shape if you want. Get as creative as you’d like with the ribbon, bow or draw a design on the outside. Have fun with it!
- Paper Plates of Choice
- Ribbon, or other decoration
- Cookies, or whatever you’re putting inside to gift
- Cut 4 Slits, 2 on each side and just a little bit inside. The deeper, the taller the walls but less room inside.
- Fold the end flaps inside and the longer side flaps over to create a nice crease.
- Fold over the ends and tape it securely closed.
Now just add your decorations – like a simple ribbon and bow tied around, and your cookies or other gift! If you’d like, you can also put parchment paper inside for extra protection for the goodies, but that’s your choice.
I also made these baskets back at Easter – you can see them HERE. They’re just as fun and simple now as they were then. Fill them with a favorite cookie, like my Dad’s Healthier Chocolate Chip Cookies – still one of my favorite recipes!
You can whip up a bunch of these in no time – I think it took 5 minutes to do these 3. You can cover the whole neighborhood in no time! The part I CAN’T really help with is the passing out – good luck with that 🙂 At least you can enjoy the holiday lights and maybe turn up some music on your phone while you go around!
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!
You may also like -
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- How to Create a Homeschool Area in your Existing Space - January 19, 2018
- Is Jumanji Okay for Kids? - January 18, 2018
- Walt Disney Studios 2018 Movie Schedule - January 17, 2018