In preparations for my awesome Walt Disney World trip, I couldn’t help but look back at all the great times I’ve spent at it’s sister, Disneyland. The rides are exciting, the characters hilarious and fun, and the whole atmosphere makes it a truly magical vacation. The FOOD is another thing that I can’t help but get really hyped about and remember – like the famous Disneyland Monte Cristo Sandwich! This copycat version is much easier to make at home that you’d think, and maybe it’ll help tide over the cravings until the next big Disney vacation.
Contains affiliate links that help support this blog at no extra cost to you. See our Disclosure.
Now, don’t worry if you don’t have a deep fryer – I just used a pot and tongs. Yes, tongs are your best friend with this recipe if you want to avoid getting burned! Just use common sense and be careful, especially if pets or children are anywhere nearby. If you’ve never tried a Disneyland Monte Cristo before – it’s such an interesting blend of a typical sandwich, fried outside, then served with powdered sugar and jam. I know, sounds weird, right? Just trust me – and the countless other people who rave about it – that it’s a must-try recipe!
Ingredients – 2 Sandwiches
- 6 Slices Bread
- 2 Slices Swiss Cheese
- 2 Slices Provolone Cheese
- 2-4 Slices Sliced Deli Ham
- 2-4 Slices Sliced Deli Turkey
Ingredients – Batter
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Water
- 1 cup Flour
- 1 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp. Sugar
Also: Vegetable or Olive Oil (for frying), Powdered Sugar (for sprinkling) and Raspberry Jam served on the side
- Make your 2 sandwiches. It goes: slice bread, slice swiss, slice turkey, slice bread, slice ham, slice provolone, slice bread. Repeat with second sandwich. Press down to flatten each of them. Cut in half diagonally.
- Heat the oil in either your deep fryer or a pot. Make sure it’s deep enough it’ll cook up the sides of each sandwich, too.
- Mix the batter ingredients until smooth. Dip each sandwich half into the batter, flipping so all sides are coated. Use tongs/etc. to place in hot oil and cook about 2-3 minutes each side, or until a golden brown. Remove and cool slightly.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve with raspberry jam. They’re best warm.
Now you can whip up these delicious Disneyland favorites in your own home! And when you DO want to make another visit to Disney, be sure to check here for the best prices. Use Promo: BMHDisney for $10 off your vacation package!
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!
You may also like -
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- Ruffled Tree Skirt - December 7, 2017
- Victoria & Albert’s Chefs Table in the Grand Floridian - December 5, 2017
- Tips for Sharing a Workspace at Home - December 4, 2017