We had so much fun at our recent visit with Family Forward to Universal Studios and The Wizarding World of Harry Potter! As part of our big ‘surprise bag’ we put together for the kids when we got there, I made this super fun and budget-friendly DIY Book of Spells for each kiddo! I thought it would be the perfect thing to share for this month’s Halloween themed Craft Lightning!
I was able to finish the first one in just about 15 minutes start to finish, then the rest were only a few minutes each since I’d already cut out the designs. Plus, each one only cost a couple bucks for everything! So fun that they have their own Book of Spells, and plenty of blank pages to journal their fun, or even make up their own spells and potions!
- Small, blank notebooks ($2-$3 at Walmart)
- Vinyl in colors of choice, or use paper and glue it on
- Silhouette, Cricut or stencil to cut out shapes
- Cut out your vinyl/paper. You can nab the silhouette files I used for my 5″ notebooks HERE and HERE.
- Attach it to the cover of the notebook as desired – mix it up with fun colors and designs!
Originally I was just going to keep it like this…..
….but then decided it needed a little more accents to it, so used the moon from the corners to add to the Title, and the dots at the end of the wand for a little ‘magic’.
Much better, don’t you think? I really wished I had some brown vinyl for the wands, but this works out well also. The kids were thrilled to get them – and for the tiny bit of money and time it was more than worth it!
What are YOUR favorite spells from Harry Potter?
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!
You may also like -
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- Wood Floor Cleaning Hacks & Tips - June 23, 2017
- Purina on Amazon: Less Time Shopping, More Time with Family - June 22, 2017
- Hot Cocoa Cookies - June 21, 2017