Well, it’s the 3rd Thursday of the month, which means it’s Disney Day! Ready for more fun with this month’s part of the Disney Vacation Countdown Series? I am, especially since I get to go there in just a few weeks! Yup, plans have changed….and this adorable DIY Disney Countdown is helping me keep track until it’s time to head out!
Contains affiliate links that support this blog at no extra cost to you. See our Disclosure for more info.
If you saw our first part of the Disney Vacation Countdown Series, you know that my family (ENTIRE family) is planning on visiting Disneyland in about a year. That’s still true (woohoo!)….but since we really want our sweet foreign exchange student that’s staying with us this year to experience one of our absolutely favorite places, we decided that I would take her NEXT MONTH! Ya, I’m going a bit nutty with excitement! I know it’ll be here before I know it, but the waiting is pure torture!
To help me wait the next few weeks, I made this super-fun Disney Countdown to help me track the days! One of the best things about it? It’s reusable, so we can pull it back out for our future Disney vacations, too! If a Disney vacation is in YOUR future (or you want it to be because, hey, who doesn’t love Disney?) then head over to Get Away Today for fantastic prices and great service to schedule your trip…then make your own Disney Countdown to help you celebrate! Use Promo Code: BMHDisney for $10 off your vacation package!
Isn’t it awesome? I got the inspiration for the straw backgrounds from the talented ladies at My Sister’s Suitcase. Their Halloween sign was just too cute! I’m a huge
hoarder fan of paper straws, so it just seemed like the perfect background for our Disney Countdown!
- 2 Frames (I did 8×10 and 5×7)
- Paper Straws in color of choice (my 8×10 took 39, my 5×7 took 19)
- 2 Clothes pins
- Hot glue gun/glue
- Count down pieces (paper, shapes, stickers, numbers, etc.)
- Double-sided tape
- Mickey shapes
- Sheet of Mickey shapes, if desired
- If you want your frames a different color than they are (like the red and black) paint them. Trim your straws to fit inside the frames. Then you can either hot glue the paper straws into place, or just be extra careful to trim them JUST RIGHT so they fit in snuggly. (I chose this since, as Sister’s Suitcase pointed out, you can always take out the straws and reuse the frame for something else!)
- Gather your shapes for your countdown numbers. I cut my banner shapes out with my trusty Silhouette Cameo from black and yellow construction paper. I made sure the black shapes were larger than the yellow, since I wanted the ‘border’ look on my pieces. I then used my Silhouette to cut out red vinyl numbers for the countdown. (I also did the large banner and text for the ‘Countdown to Disney’ banner at the same time on yellow cardstock and red vinyl) Be sure to do 2 of each number, so you have enough pieces (for example, as I write this there’s 22 days until we leave…it obviously wouldn’t work with only one 2!). Place your vinyl/sticker onto the yellow shape, then use double-sided tape to secure the yellow onto the black.
- Place your title/heading stickers onto the yellow banner and hot glue onto the top corner of the frame (or wherever you’d like it! Also hot glue the 2 clothes pins onto the middle of your larger frame, to hold the countdown pieces.
- Print out these Mickey shapes, and cut out which ones you want to decorate your frames. I wanted my smaller frame to be totally Mickey, so used the two gloves, belly and two shoes! Hot glue the pieces into place.
- Hang up your frames, and start counting down to YOUR next magical trip at Disney!
Bonus….if you make sure to just put Countdown to DISNEY….you can use it for either DisneyLAND or DisneyWORLD! Woot Woot!
Don’t miss our other Disney themed fun!
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!
You may also like -
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- DIY Christmas Countdown - November 20, 2017
- 7 Things to NEVER Bring on a Cruise Ship, plus 10 You MUST! - November 17, 2017
- 20+ of the Best Roll Recipes - November 16, 2017