This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #ToPetsWithLove #CollectiveBias
Y’all know how much we love our dogs, right? They’re such an important part of our family, so of course we think of ‘treating’ them during the holidays. I thought a convenient – and attractive – place to hold their leash and treats would be just the ticket. This DIY Dog Leash and Treat Sign was surprisingly easy to make, and looks great while holding our pet stuff!
Since we couldn’t really TREAT our dogs without the proper stuff, we swung by Kroger to grab some special goodies – plus their Purina Beneful dog food, of course! We try to offer them a variety of dog treats, so got a couple bags of Beggin’ Strips and Busy treats. I also got some Purina DentaLife, to help keep their teeth more clean*. Y’all know how much we love Purina and trust them to provide the best for our dogs – because we wouldn’t offer our pets anything short of what we think is the best for them. The kids love helping take care of their pets, too, so were quite handy at the store!
I love that I don’t have to make extra time to run by a pet specialty store when I’m super busy during the holidays. Kroger (or your local banner store) is full of favorite food, treats and even toys for our pets! We always need to make time for the grocery store, right? So now we can get all our shopping done at once – I’m all for saving what little time I have during this time of year 🙂
I don’t know about you, but I love that Purina Beneful dry dog food features MEAT as the #1 ingredient and doesn’t have any added sugar. That’s one great thing about Purina – they listen to feedback of real pet owners to continuously provide better products, which is what led to 2 years of research to result in these new reformulated recipes.
My dogs sure love the taste, apparently, and I love that they’re getting their nutrition needs met!
So I could focus on the DIY Dog Leash & Treat Sign without curious dog noses in the way, I treated them to one of the Busy treats – these long-lasting chews are perfect for keeping them happy for quite awhile, leaving me to my project!
Let’s get on to this fun diy pet project, shall we?
- Wood board or plaque (check size – I did 11×6), sanded
- Paint or stain of desired color (I chose black paint)
- Stickers or vinyl in desired saying & design
- Hooks and screws
- Wall hangers/nails
- Hose Clamp (to fit mason jar)
- Screw for hose clamp
- Mason Jar
- Tools needed for screws
- Add your stickers to your plaque/board. Paint or stain over them, then remove before the paint dries – I used tweezers to get the edges of the sticker up and peel it up, not disturbing the paint as much as using my fingers. Allow to dry completely.
- Screw in the hooks and wall hangers.
- CAREFULLY put a screw through the lined part of the hose clamp and into the wood board. It’s tough getting the screw through the metal, so please use caution. Once it’s attached, add the mason jar into the clamp and tighten the clamp so it’s secure.
- Hang on the wall, hang your leashes and add your pet’s favorite treats into the jar!
I thought the Beggin’ Strips not only fit perfect into the mason jar, but were the perfect dog treat for after a nice walk. They smell & taste like bacon – because they’re MADE with real bacon! I also need to remember to give my pups a Purina DentaLife treat later today – so much to do!
*Not to be taken as professional veterinary advice. Please consult your veterinarian for recommendations and practices appropriate for your pet.
Don’t forget to include your furry friends during the holidays with the help of Purina! Now through the end of November, grab these great savings on your favorite Purina pet products – available at Kroger – with this Coupons.com link, while supplies last.
What are YOUR favorite Purina pet products?
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!