This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SleepAligned #CollectiveBias
Do your kids still prefer a little light as they sleep, or even just as they’re falling asleep? Mine do, but most lamps are pretty boring! I decided to add some fun into their room with this DIY Peter Pan’s Shadow Nightlight makeover! Plus – a GIVEAWAY! We all love those, right?!
Contains affiliate links that support this blog at no extra cost to you. See our Disclosure for more info.
It’s been about a year since I remodeled the boys’ bedroom into a Pirate theme, so it’s about time I did something about their nightlight! With the whole Neverland/pirate thing going on, I couldn’t think of anything more appropriate than Peter Pan’s shadow hanging out on their wall!
- Peter Pan Silhouette
- Marker for tracing
- Paint (grey) and brush
- GE Align™ PM LED Light Bulb
Ever since we started using this new light bulb, the kids have seemed to have an easier time falling asleep at night. I think it’s because the NEW GE Align™ PM LED Light Bulb helps to promote the body’s natural sleep cycle by producing a low amount of blue light versus an ordinary light bulb, causing the body to produce more melatonin (sleep hormone).
Since I love using Amazon.com for as much of my shopping as possible, I ordered it right from there using my Prime membership! You can find it on Amazon.com right HERE. If you haven’t used Amazon.com before, you definitely should because it’s AWESOME! They have practically everything, great prices, and I can order it right from my house (in my yoga pants, if I want) and it ships super quick.
- Cut out your Peter Pan Silhouette, and place it on your projector. Since I wanted my shadow up along the top of the wall and ceiling, I had to prop it up a bit. (I used their Pirate Treasure Chest to prevent it from tipping OVER). This is what this section looked like before…..
- Use your marker to trace the outline of the shadow on your wall/ceiling. I used a grey one so it would blend in with the paint best, and not have funny edges.
- Once you’ve got your full outline done, paint it in! I did a grey color, like a shadow.
- Once it’s dry, you’re good to go!
I love that even if you turn OFF all the lamps at night, it REALLY looks like a shadow still! Sorry it’s blurry – I had to take this when my kiddos were asleep and didn’t want to wake them up.
GE Align™ also sells AM LED Light Bulbs, which help promote the body’s natural wake cycle – also available on Amazon.com! Be sure to check out more great lighting options at http://cbi.as/56dh. I’d love to hear your favorite!
What shadow design would YOU choose to do?
Other fun DIY projects…
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!