This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #TreatThePups #CollectiveBias
Our family has two special pups, Kita and Tula, who are just like family members. The kids adore them, and it’s wonderful having little playmates around! We like to include them with our holidays, whether it’s Christmas, birthdays, or whatever. This year, I got them this super simple DIY Washable Puppy Pillow & Valentine’s Day Treats! And don’t miss the hilarious doggy videos at the end!
When they’re not running around, playing tug of war, or chasing the kids’ cars (see funny video below), these dogs love to snuggle up on soft, puffy pillows or couches. The only problem is, sometimes OUR pillows end up smelling a little too…well, dog-like! With just about $5 and maybe 30 minutes, they now have their own pillows to curl up on…and they’re really easy to just toss in the laundry when needed!
Since what they REALLY want are some tasty treats and chewy toys, I made sure to grab a bunch of their favorites of those, also, like Milkbone and Pup-Peroni, for their special Valentine’s Day basket! Luckily I found EVERYTHING I needed at Walmart, so no extra driving around needed. Their snacks and toys were, of course, down the dog aisle in the pet area….
Then head to the HOME area for the supplies you need for your pillow!
Supplies Needed for Puppy Pillow
- Body Pillow
- Two Discount Towels
- Sewing Machine, thread, scissors, etc.
- Hot glue gun/glue
- Strip of velcro
Note: make sure your towels are a little more than the length of the body pillow…each!
- Put your towels ‘pretty’ sides together. On one end, fold it down a little and sew across.
- Sew along the bottom edge and ONE side, still pretty sides together, up until the top of the folded top part.
- If your towels are TOO much wider than the pillow, the bunching will tempt your pup to chew on it. To solve this, I folded over the non-yet-sewn edge and then sewed it up so it would then be a good fit. Still keep the pretty sides together, so this ugly seam won’t show!
- Now turn your pillow case right side out. Take the end of the ‘non-folded-over’ towel side and fold it so it overlaps the bottom flap. Sew along it’s two edges so it stays down. This will keep your case ‘closed’.
- Take your hot glue gun and glue the strips of velcro under the ‘over-flap’ and to the other side….so the two folded over sides will velcro together and seal the case closed around the pillow.
That’s it! Now your special pups will have a nice, snuggly pillow all for themselves…and you can easily toss it in the wash when the need arises!
Don’t forget the treats and toys, since you really want to make them feel special! Ours are SO good at sitting for treats…as soon as they hear us open the bag, they’re right there like ‘I’m good, I’m good’!
We rescued Tula last fall, when she was already a bit older, but want to see what Kita was like as just a tiny little pup?
Adorable, right?! Here’s some other fun from these special members of our family!
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!