This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purhcase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
First attempt fails! I hate when you think you have an amazing idea and then WHAM! It fails and ends up awful. I attempted these Easy Smore’s with little tiny 2 inch pots and they did not light and ended up not being a fun experience for my awesome family which made me feel terrible. But after a sleepless night over it I tried it again with a 6 inch pot and it was amazing! Perfect Easy Smore’s that I can whip up for my family every night if I wanted without breaking the bank or having a big fire pit in my yard with all the kids being able to make their own personal Smore! So next family get together I’ll be the awesome Aunt/sister who does exciting desserts!
Yes this is nothing new, everybody knows how to make smores, over the camp fire, in the microwave, or even on the grill but those are either dangerous for kids, not as good, or not all of us are lucky enough to have a fire pit in our back yard. I love smore’s but in a microwave it is just not the same and kind of boring especially for kids or love seeing the marshmallow burn or melt or just see the fire. These Easy Smore’s are perfect because they don’t cost a lot, you don’t need a lot of space, and they’re a lot easier to keep your kids from falling into or burning themselves. Make sure you use at least a 6 inch terracotta pot because smaller ones I guess don’t have enough oxygen or what not so they won’t burn.
Our failed attempt but they were awesome sports about it!
What you will need
- 6 inch terracotta pot
- Tin foil
- Lighter fluid
Have fun with s’more toppings – there’s so many more options than just regular chocolate.
- Grahm crackers
- Chocolate bars, kit kats, reeses, symphony’s, cookies n crème, rolos, kisses, etc.
- Also you can roast strawberries and air heads, it makes them soft!
- Start by lining the pot with the tin foil and folding over the sides.
- Next put about 7 – 8 pieces of charcoal in the pot and pouring lighter fluid over them just so they get wet, now light them.
- Usually wait about five minutes for the lighter fluid to burn off, sometimes it can cause weird tasting food if you start cooking on it too soon.
- Put a marshmallow on a skewer and roast it! I love mine totally burnt but golden brown is pretty good too.
Have fun with these! There are so many different variations of smores that are so good and keeps them exciting for everyone. Also roasting starbursts or air heads are pretty good as well, it gets them soft and gooey or you can burn them a little if you like. These Easy Smore’s are a fun, quick, and easy summertime activity for any age.
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!