I participated in an Ambassador Program on behalf of Influence Central for P.A.N. Cornmeal. I received product samples as well as a promotional item to thank me for my participation. #PANFan #IC
I love brunch – especially since my kiddos wake up so early that breakfast is long forgotten before lunch is even a though! I try to mix it up, and this week found my new Favorite Brunch Recipe: Corn Cakes! They’re super delicious and way quick to whip up.
As I mentioned in my post with the Cornmeal Sugar Cookies Recipe, I’ve been using P.A.N. Cornmeal for inspiration in more of my cooking lately. I thought making a seasoned brunch muffin would be just the ticket, and it turned out AMAZING! The flavor is smooth but strong, with the tomato relish balancing it all out perfectly.
Ingredients – Corn Cakes
- 1 can whole kernel corn
- 1 cup Flour
- 1/2 cup Cornmeal
- 1/4 cup Basil, crushed
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper, to taste (a dash of each)
- 2 Large Eggs
- 2 tbsp. Milk
- 1/8 tsp. Vinegar
- 2 tbsp. Butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Spray or line a 12-count muffin pan, set aside.
- Pour half the can of corn into a blender and puree a bit, then add the rest and blend a little more. You don’t want it all to be mush, but a lot of it with some chunkiness. Scoop into a bowl and mix in the rest of the ingredients until well-blended.
- Scoop batter into the prepared muffin pan – these don’t rise much, if at all, so fill them full and smooth the tops a bit. Bake for about 15 minutes.
- While the Corn Cakes are baking, prepare the Tomato Relish (below). Once everything’s ready, scoop some relish over each Corn Cake and enjoy warm!
Ingredients – Tomato Relish
- 3-4 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp. Garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup Green Onions, diced
- 1 tbsp. Lime Juice
- 1/2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp. White Wine Vinegar
Directions: Mix all of the ingredients together and store any leftovers in the fridge.
Seriously, these are incredible! I may have snuck a few in the afternoon, as well – who says that have to just be for brunch, right?! The cornmeal really helps add to both the flavoring AND the texture. Maybe that’s why South America uses P.A.N. Cornmeal as their #1 cornmeal – its rich nutrients and versatility make it an excellent staple in countries all over the globe!
For a wide variety of recipes using P.A.N. Cornmeal, visit the P.A.N. Tumblr page!
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!