This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purhcase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
If you’re a mom of littles, you know how important crayons are. And you also know that with crayons, come the crayon bits that are leftover. They get everywhere, am I right? Once the crayons aren’t brand new anymore, the kids just seem to leave them alone and want a shiny new box! Happens. Every. Time. Honestly, I hate wasting perfectly good crayons so I had to come up with a way to reuse them and I think the kids will love it! With a few simple supplies, you can make these fun Heart Shaped Crayons for Valentine’s Day.
Contains affiliate links that help keep this blog up, at no extra cost to you. See our Disclosure.
I can’t wait to surprise my kids with these. They are so fun and it also means I won’t find bits of crayon ground into the flooring or stuck in pockets at laundry time. It’s a win win! 😉
What You’ll Needed
- Silicone Heart Mold
- Preheat oven to 250 F.
- Take paper off of crayons.
- Break into small pieces. (Unless you’re like me and have tiny crayon pieces everywhere. 😉 )
- Put 2 different crayon colors in each mold or mix a few different colors. Be creative – there are no rules here!
- Place mold on cookie sheet and place in oven for about 5 minutes. Watch carefully and take them out when crayons are melted.
- Let them cool completely, then pop crayons out of your mold.
- You’re ready to color!
I love this project so much, that I’m even thinking ahead to stocking stuffers and classroom gifts! Since you can use any mold you like, these heart shaped crayons for Valentine’s Day can become turkey shaped for Thanksgiving, or elf shaped for Christmas. If you try it, tag me on Instagram so I can see your work!
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!