I’m a big foodie, and LOVE trying new kinds of ingredients, especially produce! When my good friend flew in to visit last month, she wanted to go to Central Market. Oh my gosh! This place has TONS of varieties of things, and I could seriously spend hours in there just gawking at all the food. I even dragged hubby there a couple weeks later on a date! One of the things I absolutely HAD to grab were some amazing heirloom tomatoes. I knew exactly what I wanted to try with them: this Heirloom Tomato Caprese Bruschetta!
I shared a LITTLE of this, but overall I completely scarfed it down because it was just so good! I’m already a huge fan of caprese recipes, but adding in such flavorful tomatoes really make it a total winner. Plus it looks awesome because they’re so beautifully colorful!
Now that I’ve made this several times since, I’ve done it sometimes WITH balsamic vinegar drizzled over it, other times I’ve left it out. Either way, it’s completely mouth-watering!
- 1 long loaf Bruschetta, sliced in half the long ways
- 1-2 pints Heirloom Tomatoes, cut in pieces
- Garlic Powder
- Mozzarella slices (SOFT type is best)
- Olive Oil
- 1-2 tbsp. Minced Garlic
- Salt and Pepper
- Balsamic Vinegar
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees F. In a bowl, combine you cut tomatoes, minced garlic, salt and pepper (to taste), basil (to taste – I did about 1-2 tbsp) and a drizzle of olive oil. Spread over a baking sheet and bake for 10 minutes.
- Put your two bread halves on a baking sheet and broil on high for 2 minutes. Brush with a little butter, then sprinkle with garlic powder. Top each loaf half with mozzarella slices, then scoop the tomato mixtures on top.
- If desired, drizzle some balsamic vinegar over top or serve along side for dipping. Enjoy!
What amazing produce have YOU found and loved?
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!
You may also like -
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- My Favorite Kauai Hawaii Hotel: Kōloa Landing at Poʻipū - August 18, 2017
- 20 DIY Throw Pillows - August 17, 2017
- Why You Should Eat at Yak & Yeti at Disney’s Animal Kingdom - August 16, 2017