I love adding an extra dose of ‘spice’ during the holidays! No, not the HOT kind of spice, the cinnamony type that you can’t help but think of Thanksgiving, Christmas or any of those special times of year. This delish Holiday Spice Fruit Salad is just that, and makes the perfect side to any holiday meal!
I not only love the mix of flavors in this dish, such as the tangy apples and sweet grapes mixed with a creamy drizzle of sauce, but also that it’s SUPER simple to make, especially if you incorporate your family to help chop the fruits and mix the dressing!
- 1 medium Pear, diced
- 1 cup Red Grapes, cut in half
- 2 medium Apples, diced
- 4 tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
- 1/3 cup Yogurt (vanilla is great, but feel free to switch it up)
- 2 tbsp. Honey
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1/3 cup Pecans or Walnuts, chopped
- Toss the fruit and nuts in a large bowl gently. Set aside.
- In another bowl, mix the remaining ingredients until smooth. Pour over the fruit and again toss gently to coat evenly. Best if served immediately!
We had this back at Thanksgiving, and it was a hit – especially for the kids who LOVE fruit! They even said ‘can I have that one fruit dessert’? Haha – if I can convince them it’s a dessert, then that’s a win to me!
What’s YOUR favorite fruit side dish for a holiday meal?
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!
You may also like -
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- My Favorite Kauai Hawaii Hotel: Kōloa Landing at Poʻipū - August 18, 2017
- 20 DIY Throw Pillows - August 17, 2017
- Why You Should Eat at Yak & Yeti at Disney’s Animal Kingdom - August 16, 2017