This post was sponsored on behalf of CLIF Kid via One2One Network. All opinions stated are my own. #outtoplay
I have a confession – I struggle letting my kids play outside too much. It’s not that I don’t like the outdoors – I do! It’s just such a pain sometimes to gather all the kids, supplies, sunscreen, snacks and everything just to go to the park down the street. Then I worry if they’re staying hydrated, or about bug bites – ya, I’m a bit paranoid! I didn’t want my issues to affect my kids’ outdoor time, so I put together an awesome way to Make Outside Play Easier – for kids AND mom!
It’s summertime, the sun is shining, school is out and the kids want to PLAY! It’s so easy to let them (and let’s be honest, ourselves) be more laid back this time of year with more video games and TV time – but they really need some good ol’ outside play. But just an hour outside can take some prep work, so here’s an awesome idea –
Put Together Your Own ‘Outside Play’ Bag!
Yup, it’s so much easier to just run outside for some games, swings and slides, sidewalk chalk or water fun if I can just grab one bag and have everything I need right there!
Ideas of What to Include
- Water Bottles
- EpiPen, if someone has major allergies
- CLIF Kid snacks – specifically crafted to nourish active kids so they can play
- Bandaids/First Aid
- Kids’ Sunglasses
- Hand Sanitizer
- Trash bag and/or plastic baggies
Obviously this list is just to give you food for thought (or snacks for thought!), since each family is different with their needs. During certain times of the year I’d include my daughter’s inhaler when we go outside away from home. Or if Superman’s eczema is really acting up I put a tube of some super-strength lotion in the bag in case that starts bugging him while at the playground.
Because I want my kids to have all the energy they need for the best playtime outside, I make sure to pack things that avoid adding extra junk that’s not necessary but are packed with protein – like CLIF Kid snacks! They make nutritious snacks for kids’ growing bodies with no high fructose corn syrup, synthetic preservatives or artificial flavors. CLIF Kid snacks are specifically crafted to nourish active kids so they can play. I try to keep a variety of snacks in the bag to keep the kids excited and eager to refuel! Some of their current favorites are:
- CLIF Kid Zbar – an organic baked whole grain snack made with a nutritious blend of complex carbohydrates, three grams of fiber, and three grams of protein to maintain my kids‘ energy
- CLIF Kid Zfruit – a tangy twisted fruit rope that is an excellent source of vitamin C and doesn’t need to be washed, cored, seeded, cut or refrigerated before eating – making it easy for kids to eat organic fruit snacks anytime, anywhere.
Show us on social media how YOUR family enjoys outside play using #outtoplay
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!
You may also like -
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- Hubby Date Night Gift Basket with Free Printable - December 11, 2017
- Why the 2017 Mazda CX-5 is the Perfect Trip Vehicle - December 8, 2017
- Ruffled Tree Skirt - December 7, 2017