We all know about Mr. Goodbars but what about Mrs. Goodbars? Well Mrs. Goodbars are better, why? Because they’re cheaper, easy to make, are more delicious than Mr. Goodbars, and made by you which always makes them better.
Candy bars can run pretty pricy at some stores and sometimes you just need a little (or a lot) of chocolate but there’s nothing in the cupboards and you really don’t want to pull out the mixer, turn on the oven and make tons of dishes. These Mrs. Goodbars are perfect because they’re fast and really easy to make with only a few ingredients. Even better is you can make a big batch, cut them into pieces and freeze, then when you need them pull it out and let it sit for maybe 2 minutes and they’ll be thawed out, instant chocolate treat. Make sure you don’t make them too thick though because that will take longer to set up and thaw out, so if you do double it or triple it keep in mind to put it in a bigger pan so they’re not super thick.
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 2/3 to ¾ cup classic peanuts
- Line an 8 x 8 pan with waxed paper then set aside
- Put peanuts in a zip-lock bag and crush to smaller pieces. (you can keep them whole, smash them a little, or even turn them to dust, it’s just whatever you like, I broke mine pretty small)
- In a microwavable bowl melt the milk chocolate chips, dark chocolate chips, and shortening. Stirring every 30 seconds until melted and smooth.
- Stir in peanuts.
- Pour into the lined pan and spread evenly.
- Place in refrigerator until hardened, about 30 minutes.
- Pull out of fridge and take the chocolate out of pan and place on a cutting board.
- With a pizza cutter or knife cut into strips, squares, bite size pieces or whatever suits your needs.
This recipe is also customizable! Change the chocolate with white chocolate or different nuts like cashews, walnuts, or pecans, make it your amazing treat with nuts and chocolate that are your favorite.
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…