This is a sponsored project by Kendal King Group/The Women Bloggers, LLC. All opinions are mine alone. #CookingWithGerber
Okay, so I had a REALLY hard time deciding what the proper spelling was – chocolate DOUGHNUT or chocolate DONUT. I finally decided to just go with the classic, because it looks a bit more ‘fancy’. No matter how you spell it, though, these Multigrain Chocolate Doughnuts are delicious, easy to make (baked donuts, not fried) and are great for breakfast, snack or dessert anytime!
If you recall earlier this week when I shared the Homemade Fruit & Yogurt Popsicles using Leftover Baby Food, I mentioned that I’d soon be sharing a fabulous doughnut recipe – well, here it is! I’ve honestly never made doughnuts before, because it was kind of intimidating – then I realized I could do a BAKED recipe instead of dealing with the frying part. Woot woot! And I even made two – so don’t miss my Strawberry Lemonade Doughnuts, as well!
I love how cake-like and moist these babies are – with a lick-your-fingers good frosting drizzled for a nice finish. I may have eaten one too many – okay, a FEW too many – but it was so worth it! AND since it’s made with Nestle Gerber Multigrain Cereal from Walmart, it’s more on the healthy side. That’s a win to me!
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp. All-purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup Nestle Gerber Multigrain Cereal
- 3 tbsp. Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/2 cup Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 tsp. Salt
- 1 Large Egg
- 3 tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1/2 cup Milk
- 1 tbsp. Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 cup + 1/8 cup Chocolate Chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Spray a couple doughnut pans well, set aside.
- Mix all of the ingredients together until well-combined. Pour into the prepared doughnut pans.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1/8 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 1-3 tbsp. Milk
Whip all ingredients until smooth and creamy – the consistency should be thick but pourable. Drizzle over the doughnuts, then let set.
That’s all there is to it – super easy, and amazingly delicious doughnuts! Now I may need to go sneak another one – or two 😉
Other Breakfast Recipes
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!
You may also like -
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- DIY Christmas Countdown - November 20, 2017
- 7 Things to NEVER Bring on a Cruise Ship, plus 10 You MUST! - November 17, 2017
- 20+ of the Best Roll Recipes - November 16, 2017