Who’s ready for a delicious, easy dinner recipe that’ll please their whole family? I love that this is ‘simple’ enough that even the kids will be asking for more, but unique enough that it’s a refreshing change from the normal weeknight meal. Or am I the only one who gets sick of the same pasta and marinara sauce so often? Anywho, this Pesto Pasta with Grape Tomatoes & Chickpeas is such a fresh, filling meal that everyone will enjoy.
Doesn’t it look AMAZING?! I’m a huge fan of grape tomatoes, so when they can be served in a dish alongside pasta (another fave of mine), with the complimentary great taste of the pesto and chickpeas, I’m in dinnertime heaven!
Note: serves 4 to 6
- 1 (12 oz.) packet of Spaghetti
- 1 (15 oz.) can of Chickpea/Garbanzo Beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (10 oz.) box of Grape or Cherry Tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup of Basil Pesto (store-bought or homemade)
- 2 to 3 fat cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon of Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil or Italian flat leaf parsley to garnish
- Grated parmesan to serve
- Cook the pasta in salted boiling water for 9 minutes or according to package instruction. Drain and keep aside. Reserve about half a cup of the cooking water.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a wide pan over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and let it sizzle for a few seconds. Add the drained chickpeas and sauté it for a couple of minutes, or till it is slightly golden.
- Next add the halved grape or cherry tomatoes and cook for couple more minutes, or until the juices release. Add the spaghetti and give it a good toss. Take it off the flame.
- Add the pesto and toss well to coat each strand. If needed add a splash of the reserved pasta cooking water to coat the pasta. Snip in some fresh Italian parsley for freshness.
- Divide the pasta between 4 to 6 serving bowls. Garnish with grated parmesan and enjoy!
Note: Pesto tends to turn brown when exposed to heat, so before adding the pesto, take the pasta off the heat.
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!