You know those times when you have a snack item that’s completely delicious, then you have an amazing idea to include it in a recipe? I love it when that happens, especially when it ends up being something as tasty as these Pumpkin Almond Cookies!
It was actually pretty funny, because Hubby and I were sitting there at our computers (shared desk) when the idea came. He was snacking on some pumpkin flavored almonds, saying how great they were, when we suddenly look at each other and in unison ‘they’d be great in those almond cookies!’ Thus, these yummy treats were born!
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 tsp. Almond Extract
- 1 cup Pumpkin Almonds, ground
- 2 cups All-purpose Flour
- Pumpkin Marshmallows, if desired
Note: For the almonds, just toss them in a good blender and grind them up. Super easy!
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Spray or line two baking sheets, then set aside.
- In a mixer, use the whisk attachment to whip the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the vanilla and almond extracts. Switch to the paddle attachment and add in the ground almonds and flour until everything’s well-combined.
- Roll into 1″ balls and put on the prepared baking sheets, pressing down slightly on each ball. Bake for 10 minutes, then add a pumpkin marshmallow on the top center of each cookie and press it in just barely. Continue cooking about 5 more minutes. If you want, you can also dust the finished cookies with powdered sugar!
I prefer them WITH the marshmallows, because it adds that perfect gooey-ness to them that complete the whole cookie! Hubby’s been enjoying them either way, just glad we made a double batch so he has more!
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!