I’m really not a morning person – like REALLY not! That makes for some rushed and hectic mornings getting the kids to early school, hubby to work, and me ready so I can get as much done as possible until I go get the kids in the afternoon. Not a great way to start the day! Luckily we can help the chaos a little with easy breakfast recipes, like this Sausage Egg Surprise – tasty, simple and quick? Yes, please!
One of the best things about this breakfast idea is that it doesn’t require anything extra special. You can add seasonings or spices as you wish, possibly toss in a few chopped green peppers, tomatoes or something – but that’s entirely up to you and your time. So WHY are these called Sausage Egg SURPRISE? Because the hot sausage patty in the middle is hidden between two eggs, making it a delish surprise when you bite into it!
- Cooked Sausage Patty
- 2 Large Eggs
- Slice of Cheese
- Bagel or English Muffin, cut open
- In a small saucepan, get your first egg starting to cook, laying the sausage patty on top in the middle. Push it into the egg a tiny bit so it’ll ‘stick’.
- Use a spatula to scoop it up, put the second egg in the pan, then flip your cooked one on top so the sausage patty is in the middle. Again, push down a little bit so the patty is enclosed by the eggs.
- Once your eggs are to their desired done-ness, place it on your open bagel or english muffin, top with cheese, then add the top slice of bagel. Enjoy warm!
If you want to get really creative, you could put your slice of cheese inside the eggs with the sausage patty. I don’t because my kids get mad – they want to SEE the cheese, for some crazy reason. Whatever gets them to eat a healthy, filling breakfast is fine by me!
Other breakfast recipes…
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!
You may also like -
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- My Favorite Kauai Hawaii Hotel: Kōloa Landing at Poʻipū - August 18, 2017
- 20 DIY Throw Pillows - August 17, 2017
- Why You Should Eat at Yak & Yeti at Disney’s Animal Kingdom - August 16, 2017