Recently we had a lot of ‘date night occasions’ – there was New Years, our anniversary, and soon it will be Valentine’s Day. Lots of reasons for delicious dinners! Since we’re keeping our food budget low and our time is crunched, it’s lucky we can make our favorite Slow Cooker Chicken Marsala in hardly no time at all, and it still comes out delish!
Many of you probably remember that one of our favorite dishes is marsala chicken – and while we often make it the ‘old fashioned’ way, I’m thrilled that now I can make it even when I’m in a hurry! Great for those days we want a romantic dinner at home, but can’t spend forever in the kitchen.
Contains affiliate links that support this blog at no extra cost to you. See my disclosure policy for more info.
- 4 Chicken Breasts, boneless & skinless, thawed
- 32 oz. Marsala Wine
- 2 tbsp. Garlic, minced
- Salt and Pepper – few dashes each
- 12-24 oz. Portabella Mushrooms, diced
- 16-24 oz. Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 medium Shallot, minced
- 1/2 cup All-purpose Flour
- In your slow cooker, combine the wine, garlic, and shallots. Add your chicken breasts, sprinkle with salt & pepper, then top with the mushrooms. Cook on low about 4-5 hours.
- Remove the chicken breasts, then whisk in the heavy cream (if you like more Marsala flavor, use less of the cream; if you like less Marsala flavor, use more of the cream) and the flour. Replace the chicken and continue cooking on low another hour.
- Enjoy your creamy Marsala sauce and flavorful chicken!
Other slow cooker recipes…
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!