This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #BaconDoneWright #CollectiveBias
What are your feelings on bacon? Us, we’re among the many, many people who love it! My kids, especially. We like adding it to our favorite foods, and now have a new twist on a great meal – literally! You’ll love these twisted, Spicy Bacon Breadsticks not only because of the fabulous flavor, but also how simple they are to make!
We had a lot of fun during our holiday break last week trying new dinners as a family, and this one was a big hit! We made sure to swing my Kroger before the rush, so we could grab all of our ingredients needed, like Wright® Brand Bacon in the refrigerated meats area. They have a few varieties, but for this I chose the Applewood flavor – it was perfect!
The reason I liked using Wright® Brand Bacon for this recipe is the thick, meaty slices that pack a great flavor with the best cuts of meat that they hand-select and trim. Keep an eye out, as Kroger will often have coupons around to save you some money on your ingredients!
Note: This makes roughly 16 regular breadsticks.
- 2 tbsp. Rapid Rise Yeast
- 2 tbsp. Sugar
- 3/4 tbsp. Salt
- 2 cups Hot Water
- 2 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1-2 tbsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 tbsp. Italian Seasoning
- 1 tbsp. Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Black Pepper
- 4-5 Cups Flour
- 1 24-oz. package Wright® Brand Bacon
- Spray or line two baking sheets. Set aside.
- In a mixer, combine all of the ingredients except flour and bacon together for about 8 minutes. Slowly add in the flour until a nice dough forms.
- Lay the dough out on a lightly floured surface (that’s safe to cut on) and roll out your dough until it’s about 1/2″ thick. Cut strips about 1″ wide.
- Place a strip of bacon on each bread dough strip, then twist into a spiral and pinch the ends to secure. Use a kabob stick to secure the breadstick, then place on the prepared baking sheets. Cover with a moist towel and allow to rise about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Bake the breadsticks for 7-10 minutes, or until bacon is cooked and breadstick is browned. Enjoy with a nice Alfredo sauce!
This was a great dinner for us, but it’d be perfect for any time of day! Next time I want to try it with a BBQ sauce marinade and see how that turns out 🙂
I used whole wheat flour for mine, but it works with both wheat and white. Adjust the amount of Red Pepper Flakes to make it more or less spicy to best suite your family.
What’s your favorite yummy bacon recipe at WrightBrand.com? Leave a comment letting me know!
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!