This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purhcase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
This is a sponsored project by Kendal King Group/The Women Bloggers, LLC. All opinions are mine alone. #CookingWithGerber
After a lifetime of never daring to make a doughnut recipe, I’ve now made TWO in the same week! I couldn’t resist, since they’re super easy to make and the flavor combinations are pretty much limitless. These Strawberry Lemonade Doughnuts are a great start to the day – or enjoy them for a snack or dessert later!
I wanted to switch things up a bit from the Multigrain Chocolate Doughnuts I shared before, and decided that summer called for something ‘bright and fresh’. What’s one flavor that goes perfectly with that? Strawberry lemonade, of course – so I decided to give it a try. The result was not only fresh in flavor, but a wonderful pick-me-up type taste. So delicious – and still as easy to make as ever using Nestle Gerber Lil’ Bits Oatmeal Banana Strawberry Cereal from Walmart.
- 1 1/3 cup All-purpose Flour
- 1 cup Nestle Gerber Lil’ Bits Oatmeal Banana Strawberry Cereal
- 1 1/2 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Baking Soda
- 3/4 tsp. Salt
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- 1/4 cup Butter, melted
- 1/4 cup Vegetable Oil
- 3 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- 2 Large Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- Preheat oven to 350 Degrees F. Spray two doughnut pans, set aside.
- Mix all the ingredients together until well-combined. Pour into the prepared doughnut pan.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Strawberry Lemonade Glaze
- 1/2 cup Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp. Butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp. Vanilla Extract
- Dash Salt
- 1/2-2 tbsp. Milk
- 1 tbsp. Lemon Juice
- 1-2 drops Red Food Coloring, if desired
Whisk all ingredients until smooth and creamy – drizzle over doughnuts.
I still can’t believe how much strawberry flavor comes in that Gerber Cereal – it makes these doughnuts PERFECT! The texture is soft and moist, and once the drizzle sets it’s like a perfect balance. I think I do prefer the Multigrain Chocolate Doughnuts best – but it’s chocolate so OF COURSE! These strawberry lemonade doughnuts are a very close second, though, and go just great with a nice summer morning.
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!
You may also like -
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- How to Create a Homeschool Area in your Existing Space - January 19, 2018
- Is Jumanji Okay for Kids? - January 18, 2018
- Walt Disney Studios 2018 Movie Schedule - January 17, 2018