This post is sponsored by Nature’s Harvest®Bread. All opinions are mine alone.
I love a good sandwich – but it’s only ‘good’ if it has amazing flavor! That, mixed with flexibility and that’s a winner in my book – like this delish Sweet Teriyaki Marinated Sandwich using Nature’s Harvest®Bread. The tangy and sweet mix together perfectly, leaving you licking your lips and fingers with a smile on your face!
I love that the Nature’s Harvest®Bread, their Honey Wheat Whole Grain featured in these pics, has a nice, smooth texture but a great taste that really goes well with the marinade. It’s a bonus that it includes at least 8 grams of whole grains per serving, with no artificial flavors, colors or high fructose corn syrup! I can feel great about packing it in my kiddos’ lunches, and enjoying some myself!
- 1/2 cup Corn Syrup
- 1 tbsp. size wedge of Sweet Onion
- 1 tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
- 2 tsp. White Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Balsamic Vinegar
- 1 tsp. Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp. Powdered Milk
- 1/4 tsp. Lemon Juice
- 1/8 tsp. Poppy Seeds
- 1/8 tsp. Salt
- 1/8 (or less) tsp. Black Pepper
- 1/8 tsp. Garlic Powder
- Put all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on high about a minute, or until it’s well-mixed. Pour into a container so you can marinate your sandwich meat of choice!
Note: Can be stored in an airtight container, in the fridge, for a few days.
See, told you it was easy! Just marinate whatever meat you’d like (I find chicken and steak are both equally amazing with this) and add your favorite sandwich toppings. Viola! You’ve got yourself a totally delicious sandwich! You can even mix up the bread if you’d like! Nature’s Harvest® bread comes in the following varieties:
- 100% Stone Ground Whole Wheat Bread
- Honey Wheat Made with Whole Grain Bread (what I used here)
- Butter Top Made With Whole Grain White Bread
- Butter Top Made with Whole Grain Wheat Bread
Be a Winner of the Nature’s Harvest® Sandwich Art Photo Contest!
Moms – have a little whole grain fun with your kids’ lunchboxes this school year and enter to win a “Kitchen Crash” from Celebrity Chef and contest judge, Kelsey Nixon! Winner will be announced in September.
- From August 24, 2015 to September 6, 2015, parents can visit the Nature’s Harvest Bread Facebook page to submit a photo of their sandwich art creations, using Nature’s Harvest bread, for the chance to win fun prizes
- Kelsey will be judging the top 10 Semi-Finalist entries based on:
o Visual appeal
o Incorporation of nutritious ingredients
- The top 10 Semi-Finalist entries will also be posted to the Nature’s Harvest Bread Facebook page for consumer online voting from September 14, 2015-September 20, 2015
For Official Contest rules visit: Nature’s Harvest Bread Facebook
Check out these other great lunch ideas…
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!
You may also like -
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- 20 DIY Throw Pillows - August 17, 2017
- Why You Should Eat at Yak & Yeti at Disney’s Animal Kingdom - August 16, 2017
- Why Instacart is Perfect for Busy Moms - August 15, 2017