Grilled cheese sandwiches are a busymom’s go-to recipe when the kiddos are feeling hungry and there is not enough time to cook. Everyone loves grilled cheese sandwiches and there’s no doubt about that. However, making the best grilled cheese sandwiches requires a couple of special ingredients that you might not realize can mix together. Here is where my expertise in the kitchen comes in. I love making grilled cheese sandwiches and today I will share you with my favorite one.
What is the Best Bread for Grilled Cheese?
Even though you might think that the cheese is what makes the sandwich delicious, the bread actually plays an important role too. Using the right type of bread is going to make your kiddos love grilled cheese even more than they already do! The best types are white bread and sourdough. However, you can even go with a thick slicked boule if you have it around the home.
What is the Best Cheese for Grilled Cheese?
When it comes to the delicious taste of these sandwiches, it’s all about the cheese. My favorite is American cheese, but I also make sure to drop some cheddar in the mix to add a bit of flavor. You can also use creamy processed cheese or leftover brie if you have some in the fridge.
Making the best grilled cheese sandwich is super simple. You only need a couple of minutes and the right ingredients. Follow the tips below:
- Use low heat so that the bread can cook until it gets a golden crust and that the cheese has enough time to melt;
- Make sure to cook the grilled cheese sandwich open-faced. This might take some time because you have to start with the top slice of bread and wait for it to be covered a couple of minutes before getting to the bottom slice, but it’s all worth it;
- The golden rule of making grilled cheese sandwiches is to not skimp on the cheese. Use as much as you have to spare.
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Busy Moms Helper Team
Latest posts by Busy Moms Helper Team (see all)
- Easy Lox Recipe at Home – Surprise Your Family! - July 31, 2020
- Perfect Gifts for Your Best Friend – Top 5 Ideas - July 29, 2020
- Decorate Your Kitchen with Unique Items – Top 5 Ideas - July 23, 2020