This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
Guess what, ya’ll? It’s time for this month’s Craft Lightning! I love participating with all the fabulous other bloggers that join in the fun, and YOU get tons of fun ideas! This month’s theme was Holiday, so I thought I’d share this really simple-but-adorable Build Your Own Snowman Mobile Kids Craft! Free printables included, of course!
I hope I’m not the only one who has kids that get restless with all the holiday chaos that tends to come, plus with breaks from school leaving more free time. This craft is really simple, and takes less than 15 minutes to put together! The kids can have fun customizing it with their own little stickers and ribbons, then they can help ‘decorate’ the house with their new Snowman Mobiles!
- Free Printable Snowman Sheet – Two
- Ribbon of choice
- Round piece of cardboard or plastic lid (like cool whip lid or something)
- Stickers of choice
- Glue (sticks worked best for me)
- Black marker
- 4 Googly Eyes
- Print off TWO of the Free Printable Snowman Sheet and cut out your pieces. Your snowman mobile will be double-sided, which is why you need two sheets. Line up your pieces as you’ll have the snowman.
- Glue a ribbon in between your snowman pieces, being sure to put the gloves over the stick arms, and the arms inside the middle snowball. Glue on your googly eyes, nose, and pipe (or whatever you desire). Use the black marker to add the dots for the mouth, then ‘buttons’ on the lower snowballs.
- Add a sticker border to the lid, and tape the ribbons hanging down from below the lid. Add your stickers, as desired, to the side ribbons to hang down around your snowman.
That’s it! Now let your kids display their snowman mobile’s as some fun holiday decorations! The best part? You can even keep them up past Christmas since they’re perfect for WINTER decor as well – score!
Now head over and see the other fun, simple HOLIDAY crafts joining in for this month’s Craft Lightning!