- Gray-patterned (or desired) color paper – for hat
- Red (or desired color) paper – for strap across hat
- Stamp and ink of choice (I did ‘Merry Christmas’ in silver ink)
- Snowflake sticker, or other cute accent
- Clear baggie – I got mine at Walmart
- Cocoa – loose powder or a packet
- Mini Marshmallows
- Peppermints, Andies Candies, etc.
- Tape or glue
Okay, I have to admit that I haven’t fully come to terms with the fact that Halloween is this week. I mean, SERIOUSLY! Where the heck did October go?!?! It seems like every year, once October hits time just FLIES until January. Agh!!! Anywho – here’s a fun, simple little Halloween craft that’s great for party favors, neighbor gifts, or even for trick-or-treaters (if you spend more time than I do – I just go straight from the bag, not even putting treats in the bowl). You’ll love this darling Witch Brooms, plus a treat is never bad, right?
Black stamp pad, or marker (or Brown, up to you)
Ribbon or thread
Embellishments, tag, etc. to decorate
Use the black stamp pad or marker to color the sucker sticks black. Or brown, if you so desire.
Take about 4-6 square pieces of tissue paper, fanning them out, then poke the sucker stick through the middle. Fold the tissue paper down and around the sucker part, to be the broom piece.
Use ribbon to tie the base of the stick, above the tissue paper, and along the bottom of the sucker. This really helps hold it in place, and give it the ‘broom’ look.
Then just primp it up with a cute card, tag, or embellishments like witch shoes or maybe a black cat. Use a fun saying like ‘We ‘Witch’ You a Happy Halloween’ or ‘Have a Be-Witching good Halloween’. Have fun with it!
These are an oldie-but-a-goodie. My kids actually made them at my mom’s house last Halloween-time, and I snapped a photo of those ones so I could try to do them again. Behold, Tasty Spider Gift second edition! These fun little gifts are so simple, cost-friendly (Booyah!) and cute that kids AND adults alike will love them!
Contains affiliate links that help support this blog at no extra cost to you. See our disclosure for more info.
- 6-pack of IBC cream soda (or orange – just so long as the bottles are clear)
- Printables, found below
- Tape or Mod Podge
- M&Ms, Skittles or other candies the correct color (small enough to fit into the bottle)
- Flash: Red and yellow
- Hawk Girl: Red and yellow (could also use black – but I didn’t know what candy to do for that)
- Wonder Woman: Red, yellow and blue
- Batman: Yellow (could also use black/grey – again, no idea what candy)
- Superman: Red, yellow and blue
- Green Lantern: Green (again, black could be used)