You’ll love how easy this strawberry soup is to make, and it’s so tasty you’ll have trouble deciding between having it as an appetizer, snack or even dessert! And yes, I do occasionally have it for breakfast, as well 🙂 Originally shared April 2013, updated February 2017.
Strawberry Bisque Ingredients
- 2 cups Strawberries, frozen
- 3 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 2/3 cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- Fresh mint – for flavoring and garnish
- 1/4 (ish) cup Fresh Strawberries, chopped – for garnish
- In a blender, puree the strawberries, milk, heavy cream and sour cream until smooth. Stir in the sugar.
- Refrigerate overnight (or about 8 hours). Add mint as a garnish (also adds a great flavor), and also some chopped fresh strawberries, if desired.
On the cruise, they first gave you a bowl that looked like this……
……and then poured the creamy soup over top. Great presentation!
Note: also try it with PEACH instead to change it up a bit!