Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Tomatoes
I grew up in Utah. Northern Utah, to be more specific, and it was FREEZING in the winters. Lots of snow and ice, shoveling driveways, etc. Now that we live in Texas, I know I need to keep things in perspective and not complain about our 40 degree weather….but it’s still So. Dang. Cold! I’m pulling out the warm sweaters and slipper socks, and definitely stocking up on warm, comforting foods, like this Cheesy Spinach Stuffed Tomatoes!
How cold it it where you are? I hear about cities being under feet of snow from arctic blasts, and it makes me want to pull up another blanket and warm up more slow cooker caramel apple cider! And chow down on these fabulous stuffed tomatoes! There’s something about melted, creamy cheese that just speaks WARMTH to me. These turn out so gooey cheesy and full of flavorful goodness. Hubby seriously licks his plate clean every time, it’s that good! Plus the smell….oh wow, it’s almost torture smelling the deliciousness while you’re cooking!
- 4 Large Round Tomatoes
- 2 cups Heavy Cream
- 1 tbsp. Olive Oil
- 2 tsp. Garlic, minced
- Pinch salt
- 3 Cups Spinach, overflowing
- 2 tsp. Ground Nutmeg
- 1-2 tsp. Red Pepper Flakes
- 2 cups Mozzarella, shredded
- Sprinkle of Parmesan Cheese
- Simmer the Heavy Cream in a pot about 20 minutes. Heat the Olive Oil in a skillet, add the garlic and cook 1 minute. Add the Salt and Spinach leaves. Cook until spinach begins to darken and wilt. Don’t let it get too mushy!
- Add the heavy cream to the skillet and stir in the Nutmeg and Red Pepper Flakes. Add the Mozzarella and cook until it’s all melted.
- Cut the tops off the tomatoes and remove the insides. Spoon the cheesy mixture into the tomatoes and sprinkle Parmesan Cheese on the top. If desired, broil the tomatoes about 3-6 minutes, or until the tomatoes are warmed.
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…