Cherry Chocolate Bars
When we lived in Utah, there was a HUGE, old cherry tree in the yard. About fall-time every year, hundreds of cherries would be perfect for picking (at least the ones we could reach)….and as much time as we spent, we never even got close to getting them all. What do you do with that many cherries? Get creative and try new things, of course! My hubby’s favorite are these Cherry Chocolate Bars!
- 1 cup Margarine, softened
- ¾ cup Granulated sugar
- ¾ cup Brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 Eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups All-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. Baking powder
- 1 12-ounce package Vanilla milk chips
- 1 12-ounce package Chocolate milk chips
- 2 cups Dried tart cherries
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans or walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9×13 baking pan, set aside.
- Combine margarine, sugar and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium until well blended. Add eggs and vanilla to sugar mixture. Mix in.
- In separate bowl, combine flour and baking powder, then slowly add to mixture. Stir in milk chips, cherries and nuts.
- Spread evenly into pan. Bake for 20 minutes, or until lightly brown. Let cool before cutting.
Notes: I used a fork to mix instead of an electric mixer, and it worked great, plus easier to clean. We serve this warm with vanilla ice cream over it; a nice little fruit and chocolate addition!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
The following two tabs change content below.
Latest posts by Kelly Dedeaux (see all)
- How to Clean a Halo Bassinet: Easy Tips and Tricks - March 28, 2023
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles - March 18, 2023
- 100+ DIY Harry Potter Ideas - March 16, 2023