Chocolate Chip Smores Ingredients: 10 chocolate chip cookies 5 squares semi-sweet chocolate bar, chopped 4…
With Christmas right around the corner (like two days….WHAT?!) plus New Year’s just a week away, there’s plenty to celebrate! With all our kiddos, we don’t really ‘party hard’ or get out much, but we like to have some fun parties at home to ring in these great occasions. One fun thing that’s a huge hit with the kids AND us adults are these super festive Chocolate Rimmed Party Glasses!
Fun , right?! This are also SO easy to make, I feel a bit silly doing a full tutorial….but a few years ago it would’ve seemed ridiculously overwhelming to me. So here we go!
- Semi-Sweet Chocolate (either chips or bars)
- Glasses or cups
- Toppings of choice: mini mallows, m&ms, peppermint pieces, oreo crumbles, etc.
- Bowls or plates to hold stuff
- Have your toppings in bowls or plates (my plastic glasses were LARGE at the rim, so plates worked best for me) Melt the chocolate fully, but don’t burn it. I put mine on a microwave-safe plate and cooked on 50% power and heat at 30 second intervals, stirring between, until it’s all melted.
- Dip the rim of your glasses into the chocolate so it’s lightly covered. Don’t try to get TOO much chocolate on there, or it’ll run down the edge. Dip into your topping of choice and stick into the freezer for 5-10 minutes to allow the chocolate to harden.
- Enjoy filled with hot cocoa, milk or good ol’ eggnog!
We’re enjoying these on Christmas Eve, then as a special toast to ring in the New Year next week! My kids think it’s so fun to have little ‘treats’ with their drinks, and it just adds a little more magic to the party. My kids are tied between M&Ms or the dried mini marshmallows, while I love the peppermint chips. What would YOUR favorite topping be?
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…