This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
You’ll love how easy this strawberry soup is to make, and it’s so tasty you’ll have trouble deciding between having it as an appetizer, snack or even dessert! And yes, I do occasionally have it for breakfast, as well 🙂 Originally shared April 2013, updated February 2017.
Strawberry Bisque Ingredients
- 2 cups Strawberries, frozen
- 3 tbsp. Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 2/3 cup Heavy cream
- 1/4 cup Sour Cream
- Fresh mint – for flavoring and garnish
- 1/4 (ish) cup Fresh Strawberries, chopped – for garnish
- In a blender, puree the strawberries, milk, heavy cream and sour cream until smooth. Stir in the sugar.
- Refrigerate overnight (or about 8 hours). Add mint as a garnish (also adds a great flavor), and also some chopped fresh strawberries, if desired.
On the cruise, they first gave you a bowl that looked like this……
……and then poured the creamy soup over top. Great presentation!
Note: also try it with PEACH instead to change it up a bit!