Does anyone else dream of vacations almost constantly? I sure do - I love remember…
Candy Bars! You know those times you wait in a line at the grocery store and you are there forever so you have to get a candy bar? And each time that’s another $1 out of your pocket. Why not make your own? Now you can make Copy Cat Twix Bars for half the cost. These bars are delicious and pretty easy to make. Also you can customize it with white chocolate, more chocolate, more caramel, etc.
These homemade candy bars are not very hard to make but sadly they do take a little time for cooling between layers but let me assure you, they are worth it! The recipe is also really easy to cut in half and use an 8×8 pan. Bars too big? Make bite size pieces then you can have a delicious treat without killing those New Year’s resolutions of losing weight an being healthier.
- 2 cups softened, divided
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups flour
- 1 cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup light corn syrup
- 1 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 ½ cups milk chocolate chips
- 1 ½ cups chopped chocolate almond bark
- 2 tsp. vegetable shortening
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees. Spray a 9 x 13 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- In a medium bowl whip together 1 cup butter, powdered sugar and vanilla until nice and creamy.
- Gradually add in the flour, mixing until the mixture comes together.
- With floured fingers press dough firmly and evenly into the prepared pan.
- With a fork poke crust all over to eliminate bubbles.
- Bake 35 to 45 minutes or until crust is light and golden brown in the middle. Cool completely.
- In a medium saucepan on medium heat combine remaining 1 cup butter, brown sugar, corn syrup and sweetened condensed milk, stirring constantly until mixture boils; boil for 5 minutes while still stirring.
- Pour over crust and spread evenly. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until firm.
- With a sharp knife, cut the chilled mixture into bars and refrigerate for an hour.
- Combine chocolate chips, almond bark, and shortening in a microwave bowl. Place in microwave for 30 second increments stirring in between until melted and smooth. Let sit for a minute or two.
- Take chilled bars and dip in chocolate with a fork and place on parchment paper. Let sit or refrigerate until firm.
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…