Craft Lightning: Ladybug Bird Feeder Summer Camp Craft
Wow, what an insane couple of months it’s been! I’d say time has flown by…but even that’s an understatement! In just a month, Wonder Woman will be heading to 3rd grade and ALL of my boys will be going to preschool three days a week. Am I excited? Heck Yeah!!!! But there is still a little sadness that the summertime fun is over. Until then, though, here’s a super fun activity for Craft Lightning: Ladybug Bird Feeder Summer Camp Craft! originally shared July 2014
As part of Craft Lightning with The Country Chic Cottage and 30 Minute Crafts, this month’s theme is Summer Camp Crafts. What could be more fun that a super-simple, totally adorable Ladybug Bird Feeder?!
For those that have checked out the Craft Lightning posts before, you know that the rule is they must be able to be completed in 15 minutes or less (not including drying time, of course). So as busy as the summertime is, I’m sure anyone can fit in 15 minutes of fun craft time to make this Ladybug Bird Feeder with their kiddos!
Ladybug Bird Feeder Supplies
- Can (#10 works great, or you can do smaller if that’s what you have), cleaned out
- Lid to can
- Red paper
- Black paint
- Large googly eyes
- Wood stick/peg
- Scissors, tape and/or glue
- Plastic foam-mesh pieces
- Bird seed
- Use your black paint to add dots onto the red paper. When dry, tape or glue it around your can sides.
- Cut a large hole in the lid, and put it on the can. Cut or poke a hole in the lid for the wood stick/peg and attach it. Glue the googly eyes onto the top of the face (lid) part.
- Cut the foam-mesh pieces into rounded wings for your Ladybug. Attach one to each side.
- Fill with bird feed, and enjoy watching the birds come munch!
To check out the other awesome ideas based on this month’s Craft Lightning theme: Summer Camp Crafts….be sure to head over to check them out!!!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Kelly Dedeaux (see all)
- What Size is a Bassinet Mattress: Buyers Guide - April 12, 2023
- How to Make Bassinet More Comfortable for Your Child - March 30, 2023
- How to Clean a Halo Bassinet: Easy Tips and Tricks - March 28, 2023