Do you have some fun holiday traditions in your family? We have quite a few, but growing up one of them was having specific glasses we used during the holidays. They were clear and tall glasses with green and red polka dots. Simple, yet very cute! I wanted to make some special glasses for my own family, so we painted up these Design Your Own Christmas Glasses!
They’re not the most perfect holiday glasses ever, and there’s plenty of smudges….but they’re fun, the kids got to participate, and they only cost $1 a piece! Yup, I’m all about the budget-friendly holidays here!
Other than drying time, these Christmas Glasses are also really quick to make, and if you avoid the ones made of glass (or that are expensive), your kids can handle designing their own with limited supervision. Great family activity to get in the mood for the holidays!
Notes: I chose these plastic glasses at Walmart, for $0.93 each.
- Glasses of choice
- Paint in red, green and white (also black if doing the Santa belt)
- Puffy paint for writing and accents/texture
- Paint your glasses their solid color on the outside of the glass. For the glasses shown, I did 2 red and 2 green. I do recommend stopping your paint line a tiny bit from the lip of the glass, so you don’t end up tasting the paint when you drink. I’ll be re-doing ours to avoid that! Allow to dry completely.
- Paint on your first accents. Stripes, dots, belt-line, swirls, etc. Have fun with it! Allow to dry completely.
- Do your second color of accents, puffy paint textures then text as you desire.
There you have it….super-duper easy, very cost-effective, and totally festive! You could get really creative with the words, too…such as ‘Only Half a Drink More’ from the holiday song, ‘Santa I Can Explain…’ or get crazy with ‘Naughty’!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…