DIY Dish Display Cabinet
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #showmetheshine #CollectiveBias
Practically everyone I talk to has some ‘special’ dishes. Some fine china, heirloom pieces or just some that are fantastically beautiful. For me, I have ‘fancy’ ones that I use for my blogging…you see them here often with my recipes, and even with crafts on occasion! Now I can show them off with this DIY Dish Display Cabinet!
Until now, I’ve been storing them all crowded in a shelf up in my craft room. It’s frustrating trying to go through them to decide which I want to use when they’re stacked all sloppily! So I made a couple of these awesome cabinets (with major help from Hubby) and now I can see everything perfectly…plus they’re less likely to bump each other and chip. Woot woot!
This only took us a few hours (plus drying time), and was friendly to our budget. You can switch up the sizes/shapes as you want, so I’m not including measurements – just the overall ‘how to’.
- Thin wood plank for backing
- 4 Wood boards for sides (together should frame your back piece)
- Boards for shelves
- Dowels/posts for railings
- Nail/staple gun
- Sand paper, if needed
- Measuring tape
- Hot glue/gun or wood glue
- Paint of choice (I used spray paint)
- Make sure your 4 outside boards are cut to the appropriate sizes, then use a nail/staple gun to secure the corners together.
If there’s some rough edges, use sand paper to smooth them out.
- Secure the backing with your nail/staple gun.
- Measure the height you want your shelves, then cut them to size and nail/staple them securely into place.
- Using your hot glue gun (or wood glue), secure your dowels where you want them.
- Paint as desired.
That’s it! It didn’t take long at all (other than having to run back to the store because I bought the wrong size of nails…ugh!) and now all my dishes have their place!
Since I use my dishes for photos, I want them as sparkly and smudge-free as possible, right? I love that Finish® Max in One™ tablets do the job right, and leave them picture-ready at any time! You can grab them at Target next time you’re there…
If you like watching your spending like I do, be sure to take advantage of the Target Cartwheel offer! Save 5% on NEW! Max in ONE & Quantum Max Small Size 3/29-4/25!
Ready for an awesome giveaway? You could win 1 of 4 FABULOUS prizes, along with a Gift Card to purchase Finish® at Target! Winners must be 18+.
- Grand Prize: Riedel Swirl Decanter and Wine Glasses ($51.99 value) and a $100 Target Gift Card
- Prize 2: Libbey Bar In a Box ($39.99 value) and a $75 Target Gift Card
- Prize 3: Riedel Champagne Flutes ($39.99 value) and a $50 Target Gift Card
- Prize 4: Libbey Frosted Glass 20 Piece Dinnerware Set ($29.99 value) and a $25 Target Gift Card
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…