I work at home, and as such my 'office area' is often covered with random…
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #showmetheshine #CollectiveBias
Practically everyone I talk to has some ‘special’ dishes. Some fine china, heirloom pieces or just some that are fantastically beautiful. For me, I have ‘fancy’ ones that I use for my blogging…you see them here often with my recipes, and even with crafts on occasion! Now I can show them off with this DIY Dish Display Cabinet!
Until now, I’ve been storing them all crowded in a shelf up in my craft room. It’s frustrating trying to go through them to decide which I want to use when they’re stacked all sloppily! So I made a couple of these awesome cabinets (with major help from Hubby) and now I can see everything perfectly…plus they’re less likely to bump each other and chip. Woot woot!
This only took us a few hours (plus drying time), and was friendly to our budget. You can switch up the sizes/shapes as you want, so I’m not including measurements – just the overall ‘how to’.
- Thin wood plank for backing
- 4 Wood boards for sides (together should frame your back piece)
- Boards for shelves
- Dowels/posts for railings
- Nail/staple gun
- Sand paper, if needed
- Measuring tape
- Hot glue/gun or wood glue
- Paint of choice (I used spray paint)
- Make sure your 4 outside boards are cut to the appropriate sizes, then use a nail/staple gun to secure the corners together.
If there’s some rough edges, use sand paper to smooth them out.
- Secure the backing with your nail/staple gun.
- Measure the height you want your shelves, then cut them to size and nail/staple them securely into place.
- Using your hot glue gun (or wood glue), secure your dowels where you want them.
- Paint as desired.
That’s it! It didn’t take long at all (other than having to run back to the store because I bought the wrong size of nails…ugh!) and now all my dishes have their place!
Since I use my dishes for photos, I want them as sparkly and smudge-free as possible, right? I love that Finish® Max in One™ tablets do the job right, and leave them picture-ready at any time! You can grab them at Target next time you’re there…
If you like watching your spending like I do, be sure to take advantage of the Target Cartwheel offer! Save 5% on NEW! Max in ONE & Quantum Max Small Size 3/29-4/25!
Ready for an awesome giveaway? You could win 1 of 4 FABULOUS prizes, along with a Gift Card to purchase Finish® at Target! Winners must be 18+.
- Grand Prize: Riedel Swirl Decanter and Wine Glasses ($51.99 value) and a $100 Target Gift Card
- Prize 2: Libbey Bar In a Box ($39.99 value) and a $75 Target Gift Card
- Prize 3: Riedel Champagne Flutes ($39.99 value) and a $50 Target Gift Card
- Prize 4: Libbey Frosted Glass 20 Piece Dinnerware Set ($29.99 value) and a $25 Target Gift Card
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…