This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
Please tell me I’m not the only one who has a huge stockpile of popsicle sticks (aka craft sticks)? Not like used ones from popsicles my kids have eaten, so don’t worry – but I buy them in bulk because there’s so many awesome projects you can create with them! The latest fun are these DIY Popsicle Stick Coasters that you can quickly put together, then decorate however you’d like!
We’ve used craft sticks in plenty of things, such as our DIY Valentine Frame, to hold up our fun printable Star Wars Puppets, or even for the kids’ catapults! Seriously, these are one of those craft items that are great to keep in stock – maybe not the crazy amount I have, but still a bag full or so is perfect. Besides, a bunch of these crafts would be great for not just kids, but adults as well – just like these stick coasters!
- Popsicle sticks
- Cutting pliers
- Strong adhesive glue
- Poster color
- Paint brush
- I used 12 popsicle sticks for each coaster, however select the number of popsicle sticks you want and cut off both round ends with the help of craft pliers so that the popsicle sticks are rectangular.
- Place a piece of paper on a flat surface and place 1 popsicle stick vertically on it; Place 2 more popsicle sticks parallel to each other; Each of the 2 sticks should be placed horizontally with each ends of the first stick. The 1st stick has been used for measurement.
- Now take the 1 st popsicle stick (placed vertically) and glue it on its side onto the 2 horizontal sticks.
- Glue 2 more popsicle sticks on their sides onto the 2 horizontal sticks, keeping even gap between all 3 sticks. The base is now ready.
- Now take the rest of the popsicle sticks and glue them on the base one by one.
- You can either cover the entire top surface or keep small and even gaps between the popsicle sticks while gluing them on the top of the base.
- Done gluing all the popsicle sticks? Select a color of your choice and simply paint the coaster (popsicle sticks) as you wish. Once you’re done painting, allow the paint to dry entirely.
They’d also make great gifts, especially as a ‘welcome home’ type package for someone moving! Or put these out at your next party – paint them to match the team you’re rooting for during the game, paint to match the decorations for a birthday, or just to protect your tables from those drinks 😉
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!