DIY Welcome Fall Sign
Okay, so I know it’s ‘technically’ still summer, but once school hits I’m in total FALL mode! Especially when it comes to decorating! My front door has been ‘blah’ for awhile, so I needed something cute and fun to spruce it up….and I loved how this DIY Welcome Fall Sign turned out!
I’ve done quite a few wreaths before, such as last year’s Give Thanks Wreath or my Frozen Inspired Wreath during the winter, but for some reason I was in more of a ‘sign’ mood this time around. One of the best parts of this Welcome Fall Sign? It was super budget-friendly, costing me less than $5 for used supplies! Plus how fun are the wire coils? Totally crazy, spunky and awesome!
It only took me a little bit to do, also, so it was a total winner in my book. There’s so many ways you can switch this up to make it fit what YOU like, so just have fun with it!
- 2 wood boards of desired size (I had some on-hand)
- 2 wood shapes (I did an Owl and a Ladybug, $0.77 each at Walmart)
- Googly eyes
- Paint of choice
- Fake moss or grass
- Colored wire
- Vinyl or stencil for lettering
- Ribbon for hanging
- Hot glue
- Paint your boards and wood shapes. Allow to dry completely. (note: I used puffy paint to get the textured dots on my ladybug). Once dried, hot glue your googly eyes to your shapes. Glue the moss/grass to the main board.
- Glue the top board over the moss. Place your vinyl lettering on the board (I cut mine out with my trusty Silhouette Cameo…couldn’t live without it!) Add your shapes to the corners (or where you’d like).
- Twist the wire into swirly coils as loosely or tightly as you’d like. Mix it up a bit, let them go crazy! CAREFULLY glue them to the board (I did long pieces, and glued the center of them to the board). Then (also carefully) glue the buttons over the center of the wires.
- Attach the ribbon to the back and hang for display. Enjoy your totally fun and crazy Welcome Fall Sign!
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Kelly Dedeaux (see all)
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles - March 18, 2023
- 100+ DIY Harry Potter Ideas - March 16, 2023
- Best Cribs For Small Spaces - March 9, 2023