This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FeedDogsPurina #CollectiveBias
Wow, we just finished Spring Break and it was a rush! While we didn’t do much, it was a nice break – and made us even more eager for summer vacation in a few months. One thing about our summers is that we usually do a road trip to Utah (yes, we make the 20+ hour drive!) to visit family for a week or two. Since we couldn’t possibly leave our pups out of the fun, they join in our travels. Being stuck in a van that long isn’t the best, but this No Sew Dog Travel Cushion makes it much more comfortable for our pets!
It doesn’t take many supplies, and takes less than 20 minutes to put together. I love that it’s so easy to make, plus is simple to toss in the wash when needed. While you’re grabbing the few supplies you need at Target, don’t forget to be prepared with plenty of your pet’s favorite Purina dry dog food products. We grabbed a big bag of BENEFUL® Original from the amazing variety of Purina products available at Target in the pet aisle. We love that meat is the #1 ingredients with whole grains and vegetables – and our dogs love the taste!
Just like it would be the ‘end of the world’ if we forgot snacks for the kids during the long drive, our pets need their food, too. When we stop for a break, we let the family stretch their legs and the dogs can enjoy more sprawling room in the back of the van – complete with their dog travel cushion and a bowl of Beneful from Purina!
You can customize your own pet travel cushion to best fit your needs – and vehicle. The key is measuring the space where you want it to lay, and getting the proper padding and fabric amount to accommodate a cushion for that area.
- Foam Padding (we did 2″ deep, since our dogs are bigger/heavier) sized for your area
- Fabric – sturdy and thick (enough to overlap the foam for your size area)
- Adhesive Velcro strips
- Marker/Pen for marking your foam pad
- Measure your area, then mark on the foam pad the dimensions. Cut along the markings.
- Cut your fabric so it wraps around the cut foam pad, plus a little overlapping on the edge and sides.
- Add your velcro strip on the two ends and the bottom, to hold it firmly onto the foam pad.
That’s it – told you it was easy! When you’re ready to wash it, just take off the fabric with the velcro and toss it in the machine. I recommended thick fabric because you don’t want it to get ruined quickly with your dog laying on it for long periods of time. If you want to protect the foam pad even more, you can just add a trash bag as a liner beneath the fabric – so it’s still comfortable for your pet, but makes the padding last longer 🙂
Since travelling can be expensive, why not save up a little more with some great Cartwheel offers from Target? I’m all for saving more money on products I regularly need!
More Purina Dog Awesomeness
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- Harry Potter Christmas 2019: Universal’s Wizarding World Celebration - September 18, 2019
- Disney Character Meet & Greets You May Not Know About - September 16, 2019
- How to Reduce Kitchen Chaos - September 16, 2019