Dr Pepper Donut Muffins
This post is sponsored by Lonestar Eggs. All opinions and ideas are mine alone. #LonestarEggs
So I recently did a college football party, and since I’m not exactly a football fan I decided to make it more enjoyable by having the food entirely Dr Pepper themed! From the main dishes and drinks, to this amazing dessert, they were all a yummy hit! Whether you’re throwing your own party, or just because you feel like it, you can whip up these Dr Pepper Donut Muffins in a flash, then enjoy them for any reason!
Did you know that Texas is a Dr Pepper loving state? Seriously, it is! It wasn’t really hard to find my favorite drink when we lived in Utah, but here it’s EVERYWHERE – I love it! Just another reason Texas is amazing, and I never plan to leave.
If you’re confused by the ‘donut muffin’ thing, don’t be. These are ‘technically’ donuts, but it was easier to put them quickly into a muffin tin, so that’s what I did! My kiddos even gave them a two thumbs up, which is a huge win in my book! I love the great flavor in it – slightly chocolaty with a hint of Dr Pepper goodness – topped with a sweet drizzle. You can grab all of your ingredients, like your Lonestar Eggs – which are exclusively at Walmart, at your next shopping trip.
Notes: Makes 12 muffin-sized donuts
- 2/3 cup Sugar
- 2 Large Lonestar Eggs
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups All-purpose Flour
- 1/3 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1 tsp. Baking Powder
- 1/2 tsp. Salt
- 3/4 cup Dr Pepper
- 2 tbsp. Olive or Vegetable Oil
- Preheat oven to 325 Degrees F. Spray or line a 12-cup muffin tin (or make them as donuts – up to you). Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar, vanilla and oil together. Mix in the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder and salt. Lastlly, pour in the Dr Pepper and stir until smooth.
- Divide into the 12 muffin cups and bake for 12-15 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
For the Drizzle:
In a microwave-safe bowl, melt 1/4 cup Butter. Mix in 3 tbsp. Dr Pepper, 1 tsp. Vanilla and 1/2 tsp. Salt. Stir in 2 12/ cups Powdered Sugar until smooth, then drizzle over your muffins. The drizzle will set in about 20-30 minutes, so if you want less mess let them sit out until it hardens.
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…
Latest posts by Kelly Dedeaux (see all)
- Copycat Texas Roadhouse Fried Pickles - March 18, 2023
- 100+ DIY Harry Potter Ideas - March 16, 2023
- Best Cribs For Small Spaces - March 9, 2023