This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #RealFlavorRealFast #CollectiveBias
Hubby is absolutely LOVING his grill from father’s day, and will use about any excuse to heat it up for cooking. When I told him I bought a delicious marinated pork loin, there was no doubt in my mind that he’d want to grill it – and I was right! For a little extra fun for our meal, we wanted to do a more unique side dish – fried rice, but on the grill. It turned out amazing, and was super easy to make. So break out your own grill and enjoy this tasty Grilled Pork with Tinfoil Fried Rice!
Several years ago I shared hubby’s favorite marinated pork loin – we all loved the incredible flavor and the ease of cooking (because we’re all about easy meals here!), so when I saw the Smithfield Roasted Garlic & Cracked Black Pepper Fresh Pork Tenderloin while I was placing my Walmart grocery pick-up order, I knew that it would be a hit. I made sure to get enough of the pork loin, then also the ingredients I’d need for the tinfoil fried rice side dish, as well. The next day, I picked up my order quickly – gotta love saving time on errands, right?! If you haven’t tried Walmart’s grocery pick-up service, I highly encourage you to give it a try and see how it works for yourself.
One of the reasons we all (especially hubby) love Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork is because it provides real fresh, real flavor, real fast – providing real solutions for real life. It’s 100% fresh pork, so you can have a delicious, hassle-free meal in no time! It’s perfectly marinated and seasoned, making it great for any night of the week. I love the flexibility – try it grilled, roasted, sauteed or even slow-cooked. Try it YOUR way, and I’m sure you’ll love it!
- 1 1/3 cup Instant Rice
- 1/2 cup Water
- 1/2 cup Vegetable Broth
- 1 cup Vegetables of Choice, diced
- 1/4 cup Onion
- Garlic Powder, to taste
- Black Pepper, to taste
- 6 Sheets of Tinfoil (roughly 12″ squared)
- Smithfield Marinated Fresh Pork
- In a bowl, combine the rice, water, broth, vegetables, and onion until well-mixed. Allow to sit just a few minutes to start absorbing the liquid.
- Divide the mixture (use a ladle or similar so you also scoop the liquid) between the 6 sheets of tinfoil. Season with garlic powder and pepper to taste.
- Fold two sides of foil together twice, making sure it’s secure. Fold over and roll up the other two ends.
- Heat grill to medium heat, about 350-400 degrees F. Remove the pork loin from the packaging. Spray or rub your grill with olive oil (to prevent burning and sticking), then place the pork onto the grill and cook carefully – turning often to avoid burning. Cook the pork, covered, about 20-30 minutes, or until internal temperature reaches 160 degrees F.
- After the pork has been cooking about 5 minutes, place the tinfoil packets on the grill and cook, covered, about 15-20 minutes, or until rice is soft.
- After done, CAREFULLY open the tinfoil packets (away from grill) – the steam will be extremely hot, so use caution. Fluff with a fork and transfer to plates.
- Cut the pork loin into strips or cubes (your choice!) and serve on top of the fried rice.
That’s all it takes – it’s super quick to make, and the flavor is AMAZING!
The whole family loved the grilled pork – full of flavor and very tender. The rice was super fun, because how often can you say you cooked rice on a grill? Something more unique for your summer BBQs!
Want even more fun? Be sure to check out the Hero of the Grill Contest & Sweepstakes at SmithfieldGetGrilling.com where you can share & nominate who inspired YOU to get grilling for a chance for your hero to win $5,000! Not to mention, you can enjoy great grilling content and enter for a chance to win prizes DAILY.