This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
I love simple recipes, don’t you? Especially ones that don’t cost a fortune in ingredients! This Homemade Marshmallow Cream is just the thing for super easy and uses just a few basic, often on-hand items!
I’m a sucker for marshmallow things. S’mores, rocky road recipes, everything! Now when it comes to the cream, it’s even worse, and I could eat it straight all day. Ya, I’m terrible, I know! I really hate buying the expensive stuff at the store, though…and a lot of it seems to be wasted in the jar that I can’t scrape out. Well, this Homemade Marshmallow Cream isn’t just one of my new go-to recipes, but it’s also one of Hubby’s favorite things for me to make!
You don’t even have to buy funky ingredients, which makes it even better. 5 things, that’s all you need! I highly recommend using a stand mixer for this, or your wrist will get pretty tired!
- 1 1/4 cup Sugar
- 3 Large Egg Whites
- 1/4 cup Water
- 1/4 tsp. Cream of Tartar
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Put the sugar, egg whites, water and cream of tartar in a bowl (preferably a mixer bowl, if possible). Whisk until foamy, about 2 minutes. Place this bowl into a large pot of simmering water over medium heat. Whisk about 5 minutes, or until the sugar has dissolved.
- Remove the bowl from the stove. Beat on high power about 15 minutes, or until stiff peaks form. Add vanilla until mixed in.
- Store covered, in the fridge.
See, super simple with a handful of ingredients and you’ve got this super creamy, delicious (and totally addictive) Homemade Marshmallow Cream! Yumm-o!
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!
Latest posts by Danielle (see all)
- Creative Way to Include Batteries with Gifts – with free printable! - December 11, 2018
- 17 Slow Cooker Christmas Recipes - December 10, 2018
- Chocolate Lovers BBQ Sauce - December 8, 2018