Hormel Pepperoni Stuffed Peppers
This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #PepItUp #CollectiveBias
We’re down to two weeks people. TWO WEEKS! Count them…one…two. That’s it, and it’s Christmas. While I’m sitting here calmly as if I’m totally on top of things, in my head I’m in a million different directions going through half a dozen lists and screaming like a lost child. Needless to say, I don’t have a lot of free time right now! Luckily, I can still whip up delicious, comforting dinners in hardly any time at all, like these Hormel Pepperoni Stuffed Peppers!
The weather is really getting colder (for Texas), so although I admit I have served pb&j for dinner more than once already this month, I like to make yummy foods that can help warm us up. That this recipe includes veggies definitely helps, too!
These stuffed peppers have just the right amount of spice to them that give your taste buds a little tickle. You can adjust by adding more or less chili powder. Pretty much anything in this recipe can be adjusted as to amounts, so you’re free to cater it to what YOUR family prefers. My kiddos were so funny, they kept saying they were eating ‘baby pepperonis’, and loved that they were so mini. I think they were perfect for these peppers, and was so glad I found them!
The regular sized might be too much per bite, and I didn’t want to spend time cutting them up. I’m all about the easy the next couple of weeks! You can even nab a Hormel coupon to Save $1.00 on the purchase of any two (2) HORMEL® Pepperoni packages: https://www.hormel.com/Coupons.aspx (while supplies last)
Note: We ate 1 green pepper per adult, kids about 1/2 each.
- 1-pack Hormel Pepperoni Minis, Original flavor
- 1 lb. Pork Sausage, cooked
- 4-6 Large Green Peppers
- 2-3 Roma Tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup Mushrooms, diced, if desired
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Onion Powder
- 2 tsp. Oregano
- Dash of Chili Powder
- 2-4 cups Mozzarella Cheese, shredded
- Make sure the green peppers are washed, the tops are cut off and the insides discarded. Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil and place the green peppers (open side up) on it. Set aside.
- In a bowl, combined the Hormel Pepperoni Minis, sausage, diced tomatoes, mushrooms, and all seasonings until well-mixed. Gently stir in about 1 cup of the cheese.
- Stuff the green peppers with the pepperoni mixture, being careful not to tear the sides, until almost full. Top with more shredded cheese, a dash of oregano, and a few more mini pepperonis.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until peppers are tender. Serve warm, and store any leftovers in the fridge.
This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone…