This content may contain affiliate links. We earn a commission at no extra cost to you if you make a purchase. We may earn money, free services or complementary products from the companies mentioned in this post. All opinions are ours alone.
This is Lasagna Soup, the ultimate comfort food – it’s rich and savory and filling, too. You may be surprised that this Lasagna Soup has neither ricotta cheese, nor lasagna noodles in it. My husband isn’t a big fan of ricotta cheese, so instead, I used Parmesan cheese and added a bit of heavy cream to achieve the flavor. The result is a rich and creamy dish very reminiscent of lasagna, but without all the work! As for the noodles, why bother breaking up a bunch of large lasagna noodles when you can use a box of bowties instead? Feel free to substitute whatever you have on hand. I have made it with orecchiette also, which was really good, too.
While I love using my slow cooker during the week, I find that making a soup over the stove on the weekend so relaxing. There’s something so homey and comforting about a pot of something simmering away on the stove. Oh, and if you liked the Garlic and Herb Italian Spice Mix recipe I shared recently, you can give it a try in this soup!
Quick Lasagna Soup
- 1-1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion diced
- 2 large garlic cloves minced
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 2 15oz cans tomato sauce
- 4 cups beef stock
- 2 tablespoons Garlic & Herb Italian Spice Mix
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 lb bowtie pasta boiled and drained
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese plus more for garnish
- Chopped fresh basil for garnish
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a dutch oven, heat the olive oil. Sweat the onions until tender and translucent. Add the garlic and cook 2 minutes more.
- Add the ground beef and brown. Season with 1 tablespoon of the Garlic and Herb Italian Spice Mix.
- Stir in the beef stock, tomato sauce, remaining 1 tablespoon of spice mix, and tomato paste. Simmer covered for 10 minutes.
- Add the cooked pasta, heavy cream, and Parmesean cheese. Stir to combine.
- Garnish with a bit more cheese, if desired, and basil.
Lasagna can be fussy, and it takes forever to make. This quick lasagna soup is all the goodness of the original, with way less work and time. In fact, it’s a great recipe to whip up for unexpected company. It’s warm and inviting, and impressive but not fussy.
I just love that this quick soup can be ready in about 3o minutes. Of course, you can let it simmer as long as you like, but keep in mind though that the longer it cooks, the thicker it will be. In fact, leftovers often seem more like a pasta dish than soup, but the flavor is just as good!
If you love making your own soups at home, here are a couple more great recipes you may want to try:
Exclusive Free Printables & Discounts!
Subscribe to get our latest content by email, as well as free printables, discounts on our products and more fun!